Combines What s the best combine ever madeIJ

bigsky

My vote would go to the later model 8820's. Ran one for 5 years without no down time whatsoever. Good reliable machine with good capacity even today.

The_Red

So far my neighbor's 6620 Titan II has been a dandy with no problems at all. Ernie had a 4400 that he ran for 15 years which had 6,500 hours on it when he traded it for a 4420. He had excellent luck with it. The 4420 was built on a Monday I think. Nothing but problems with it.

jmassey

I agree with Keldman, the 860 massey has got to be one of the best combines ever produced. massey combines were always built to last. The 860 was at least 10 years ahead of its time. It is a shame massey ferguson quit building them.

jakee

wen i was a kid we use to do around 800 acers windrowed crops on the north dakota parrarie.used a old wore out 12-a johne deere it allways got everything done for us,lots of massy,s on the plains and a lot of southeren custom cutters with massy,s it just kept going and going and going, and i dont like deeres, i guess what made it okay we pulled it with a old farmall M.we used a old header machine for a windrower,was around 14ft.

silverturnedgreen

My Gleaner l2 was my all-time favorite. Ran like a (Rolex) watch, and was extremely simple to repair the few times it did give me trouble! Quiet cab, convenient controls and great capacity for it's day. I only hope my C62 comes close to the reliability of this machine! (I think it will) :)

STRAWBOSS

AlTHOUGH THE 95 JD WAS A GOOD MACHINE, I THINK THE BEST COMBINE EVER MADE WOUlD HAVE TO BE THE 760 MF. FOR ONE THING, WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT, THEY HAD A CAPACITY ADVANTAGE OVER THE REST OF THE MARKET THAT I DONT THINK HAS EVER BEEN EQUAlED. THEY WERE EVEN PRICED REASONABlE. IF SOMEONE WAS STIll MAKING THEM (WITHOUT All THE FANCY GADGETS) AND SEllING THEM FOR 1_2 THE PRICE OF THE BIGGER MACHINES, I THINK THE AVERAGE FARMER WOUlD REAllY GO FOR THAT.

statboy44

In my time i have used the fallowing: JD55, JD95, IH1460, CASE IH 1660, 1666, 1688, 2188. I STIll use both the Case IH 1688, and the Case Ih 2188. I love them both and they get the job done right for me.

Antique_Gleaner

I kinda like the old Gleaners myself too but mine has a cab. Do you know how much it might be worthIJ Its a 1969 model with a 269 Chevy 6 cylinder engine. I don't know the model n.