Combines Exploding door on 2188

cobra

We had a 2188 do the same thing two years ago.My dad was getting out of the cab when it exploded.It's pretty exciting!

Ranger

ouch!!!!! i hope your eye is alright. how hot was it that dayIJ I live in canada and during the summer my dad reads me the riot act for closing the door all the way on any peice of machinery. on a door you have the closed tight position and then you have the just barely latched position. The just barely latched position allows the cab to breathe a little and not let any pressure build up from heat. Anyways it makes sense in a way to me. ive never had anything explode like that. but this is my wisdom and to whomever reads this i wish you a plentifull crop and no tradgedies. I hope your eye gets better ...thank you.

soss

I had the door on my 2188 explode TWICE while opening from the outside. There is an update on the later machines which moves the hinge out a tad so as to stop this. At the time we moved the latch out about 1_4" and it does basically the same thing. Had to slot the hole a bit with a die grinder.

lt_Dan

Thanks for replying to my comment. I would like to say that the incident happened after supper at about 7:30, and there was an overcast. The door did not explode because of heat. It's because it should have had a shim installed between the hinge and the frame of the cab.The handle on the replacement door is welded directly on the hinge, unlike the old one which was bolted directly through the glass.Not adding this shim,plus having the handle bolted onto the glass, the door would always feel like it was under stress when you closed or opened it. This update should have been done to all defective doors. Not to many people know about the update.

Rammer

I have seen many of these doors break and all for the above reasons. I work for a case dealer in Western Austrailia and have had to adjust many of these doors on pre delivery.We have found that we have had to adjust the interior light switch as the threaded part of the switch was contacting the top front corner of the glass also as mentioned before i have had to die grind many of the door striker post's holes to get the door adjusted correctly so that the cab is still pressurised and the door opens easily and is not under stress