Combines Holy Smokes

header_school

well i have not herd anything but it is a bit hard to belive it could be 4 times bigger no one could aford it let along keep the grain away that would mean it would do about 160 tonnes an hour around 4000 busels which is abit hard to belive but i could be wrong

riceman

Keep us posted as we are all interested in this new machine.

dum

My dealer is one of the leading combine dealers in the country and he has been talking of a 4000 bph combine on the shelf for a couple years already. My opionion is they are gonna get clobbered my Deere so hard that they will try something soon.That same dealer who is a Case dealer has lost 7 machines to STS deeere in the last 3 month that I am aware of.

wally

Have heard snippets here and there. Combine will have the medium size Cummins engine (l10 or bigger.) Enormous capacity in field testing. Supposedly a conventional design, not an Axial-Flow, but that last part is purely hearsay. In fact, everything I have heard could be called hearsay. We are ready for more capacity!

Cdog

I don't mean to rain on your parade but I have herd from a pretty reliable source that Case does not have a test combine that is ready to be release any time in the near future. I heard this last fall, around the time of the merger. They do have a combine, but it is at least 4 years away from production, but maybe they moved it up some because of the new Deere. New Holland has a new Gen combine coming and maybe it is this because I know this combine is close to production, but it still is a New Holland.

roster

Asked my dealer the same question about a month ago- he told me that CaseIH is concentrating efforts on the Steigers only, with intent to release them this fall. They have already been delayed due to current farm economy, don't want to release them and not be a sales success. He also thought that the new combine line may be delayed indefinitely; all bets are off due to the merger and the new corporate efforts to consolidate product into common platforms.

Willbur

Alan I have also heard that the New Holland combines are going to be built on one frame by a friend of mine that toured the plant in Nebraska last week. He said they want to build a single rotor, twin rotor and the TX on the same frame.

at

Case had made arangements to harvest last summer at a remote part of our farm with their new design machine;,,, I had to sign release papers provide inside storage at night, and agree not to release any info... machilne had the l10 you talk about ,,, rotor was nearly 4 ft longer and had 2 unloading augers one dedicated to a tow behind cart.... project became booged down nearly 90 miles soouth of me at wheat harvest and never made it.... but engineer,gave me a few bits of info.....