Combines Case IH 1666 Hydraulics

SDman

Stupid question, but have you tried adjusting the raise and lower rate screwsIJ On a 1666, they are under the panel that flips up to access the valve stack beside the cab. There should even be a decal on the underside of that panel that tells you where these screws are.

bobrobert

Yes, we have tried all adjustments. Have even removed factory orifices in field tracker cylinder. Slow reaction and slow hydraulics is a terrible combination. Has caused feeder house mounting plates to break three times. When you run popcorn at 5 to 7 MPH, hydraulics must be instantanious. Deere had better hydraulics 30 years ago. We have even removed third lift cylinder. Only problem is, 2 cylinders won't pick up the stripper header.

Jamer

Are all of the hydraulics slow, like the unloader swingIJ Or just the header raise and lowerIJ I think I would flow rate the pump first,and if that is ok, then check the system operating pressure to see if the relief is dumping too soon. If that checks ok,then I'd go to the flow divider valve to see if there is a problem there..maybe a spool hanging upIJ There is also an inline hyd. filter (screen) next to the valve stack that I think I would want to take a look at. Maybe you have had some of these things done already, just a few suggestions for you.

ratman

1) Get the pump flowrated. 2) There was a problem with the header lower valve secondary poppet and seat - the seat was not aligned properly with the poppet, which would result in the feeder leaking down. I am not aware of this causing an operational problem, but was more of a problem when the combine was off. there were 2 solutions to this problem - a new poppet was released, and a rebuilt valve was also availabe. Maybe the poppet is sticking in the boreIJ 3) low VoltageIJ I have seen a problem with field trackers, where the voltage at the valve stack was down to around 9 volts, which is about as low as it can be, and still work. swap coils with the header raise, or feeder clutch - they are the same. also check grounds, diodes and etc.