Combines Removing front of seive

rotor_man

I did the shoe seive mod on my 1480, It really helps get more air under the Harvest fixed airfoil chaffer.also covering the front 6 in of the chaffer with ripple tin really helped clean up the sample. i don't know if you can do this with an adjustible chaffer.

bubs

I have had the front 6 or 8 inches removed from the seive for several years. I have a 1680 now that I run that way. You do not need to cover the area with anything as long as you let the machine clean itself out somewhat before disengaging the separator. I have the new fan system and it still makes an improvement. Just cut out all the seive that shows no wear from the grain falling on it.

Chad

I know the Aussies do this a lot. Maybe they can supply some input on this subjectIJ

rotor_man

Before I did any seive mod's I taped little strips of newspaper all over the chaffer seive so I could get a look at the air flow through the thing, I found that the strips on the front 6in of the chaffer laid flat, no air under that first 6 inches. I put a ripple tin on both my 1480 with the modified shoe seive and my 1482 with stock shoe seive. Both machines showed about a 2% decrease in dockage with the ripple tin on the chaffer, the combines are never shut down untill they are empty. Both combines have the original paddle fans This may only be a problem on the early 14 series, both are very low serialn.