Combines need info on 3394 fwa

dom

i`ve one since sept 87 i`ve no major problem. the speed are tough to change ( the tractor need to be stop completely to change it

wally

Rockford, we service a lot of these 94 series Case tractors in our area (West Texas.) I would give the 3394 a very good overall rating. We actually seem to see less engine problems on these than on comparable hour Magnums. The engines are prone to cylinder liner cavitation if the coolant has not been well-maintained, but that is true of any wet-sleeve diesel engine.(including the Great Green Weenies.) You can expect to replace the sun shaft seals and outer bearing seals on the MFD axles before it hits 5000 hours. The powershift electrical system might want an occasional relayboard or pressure switch, but these are not large ticket items. Generally, the powershift is tough. BUT one word of caution: if the powershift acts up (slips, shifts rough, hangs in 1 speed, whatever,) GET IT FIXED before it tears up either one of the planetary gear sets. If damage occurs to a planetary gear set, the broken pieces are trapped in the ring gear, and totally thrash everything else inside the planetary. I'm not trying to scare you off the tractor, but you have to look at any used vehicle with your eyes wide open. OH, and overballasting the tractors was pretty rough on the ring_pinion gear set. Overall, these were fine tractors. I'd buy one if I knew if had been well-maintained and the deal was right.