Combines RE 1666 2166 and or 2366 Bean Harvesting

Farm_Kid

linda, I noticed a post on settings for white beans in the August '99 timeframe. Scroll down and take a look. Good luck.

M__Gorden

Please ask if the combine has a standard or a specialty rotor. Splits happen from a number of different causes. 1. The beans must be threshed and separated as early as possible in the rotor. 2. The rotor must be run as slow as possible but still move the stems through without rumbling. 3. The cleaning sieves must be set wide enough to send all beans directly to the grain tank instead of entering the return system. 4. The cleaning fan must not blow beans into the return auger. 5. Do not use "chrome plated rub bars." Chrome alloy is a very good choice. 6. Pull every other wire out of the concaves and plug remaining wire holes with bolts. 7. Use cover plates on concaves if unthreshed pods show up in the tank sample. 8. If the machine has a specialty rotor, use Gorden Rotor and Separator Bars. If required to thresh out tough pods, use Gorden Cover Plates. More information on Gorden Products is available on the page below. Gorden Rotor Bars are in use in many place around the world and can be shipped to Africa.

linda

Hello all you guys!! Thanks so much for you input. I will forward all this information to my buddy in Africa and will get back to you guys as soon as I hear from him again. Thanks again and best of luck with your crops this coming season. (We just got quite a bit of moisture on our land, so it looks like we'll be seeding around mid April to third week of April). Bye for now!!