Combines Headers

punk

Our neighbour had a 224 moved up to a 930 was scared it would be too big , but loves it now wasn't that big a deal. We had a 930 and moved up to a MacDon 36' not that big of difference either. Go for it. Punk

Big_Al

I have a phone number for an engineer at the Case factory in East Moline Il.. The engineer's name is Camiel Beert his phone number is 309-752-3026 and his fax number is 309-752-3688. I also have an address write to him at Case Corp. 110 Third Street East Moline Il. 61244 U.S.A. I don't know if he knows about designing headers but I think from your email address you are from down under and what you folks call a header we call them a combine and what we call a header you folks call a front. I hope I am not confusing you and I hope this helps.

Marie

Thanks Big Al, your info will be most helpfull for my re-search. I am smiling, you are right on all accounts, Aussie Cocky here, perhaps harvester would have been better heading.

Slack

does anyone have any problems with the STS like damaged grain , rotor blockages , grain loss if you do can you please write back as fast as you can thank you from slack

Tom_Russell

Cereals is not a term we use in this part of the world, but I assume you are referring to small grain. I dont raise small grain any more but when I did, I was happy with a floating head and later, a 300 flex head. My area just is not a good small grain producing area. My 500 head has never seen anything but soys. I hope this helps. Tom in MN

larryNCKS

yes bish head changers Harv's Farm Supply, Giltner, NE they have a web site somewhere too.

Unit_2

little Al, The Case IH 1010 header is a good header to harvest wheat and other small grain crops. The 1680 will handle a 30' 1010 header in most small grain crops. Works good on milo also but you will need some kind of milo gaurds for best results. The Case IH 1063(that's a 30" row spacing) is a good corn head. There is a newer model out now if you want to spend the bucks for it. A Deere corn head will work also but you will need an adapter to mount it on your Case IH combine. That's the Bish adapter that is being discussed further down on this page. Good luck! K.A.

Farm_Kid2

There's nothing wrong with a 1010 rigid header for wheat and milo. Probably won't cut quite as low as a JD, but if you're on the ground you should use a flex anyway.

DK_in_MN

djs3042, no never had problem of header falling off unless header wasn't in cradle and latched. Were latches adjusted so they were tightIJ Make sure latches on head are in right position, have to be above bracket under header. lever on combine has to go over center to latch correctly.