Combines Kuchar concaves

shellman

I have a set in a 1680 with standard rotor, short shoe machine. I harvest wheat, milo, and some dryland corn. Think they are really great, especially for those of us who don'

NHD

Italked with kuckar at the Peoria farm show about his new corn-soybean concave for TR's. He swears it is better than a round bar cancave. He says you have way less hairpinning of shucks over the bars with his. I would like to hear if anyone has tried one.

l

Any idea on the price of the set of concaves...Would be interested in trying a set...They also make a beater grate according to the internet site... let me know what you find out. lA.

Yo

The concave sell for around $900 U.S.. That translates into about $1300 CDN. This was why I posted was to see if it was worth the investment. I know very little about rotary combines and I heard that changing the concaves and the addition of or removal of wires wasn't easy. According to Kuchar, this is not needed with his concave.

Green_Reaper

We run Kuchar stuff on a JD machine and after 4 harvests are very pleased.The man knows his stuff.

l

I think they should do a good job for people, it sounds like it on his webpage. If you can save yourself 0.5-1.0% dockage on any large amount of crop sent to the elevator, then I would say in 1-2 seasons, they would be paid for. I think it is worth looking into a little more in depth for our operation. Thanks, lA.