Combines Bin Extension

Dwayne_MB

We use a "Hopper Topper"made in ND.E-mail me and I can look up the specifics.It is a 2 foot canvas collapsible extension that when folded down will allow a R-72 to fit in a 14' high door.When extended it gives nearly 400 bushel capacity.BUT....only use it for light crops like oats,barley,sunf as it would be too much weight for the combine if filled with corn.

Jim

Thanks Dwayne: I happened to see one of those at Mitchels Farm Supply in liberty Centre, Ohio. I always wondered who made them. We are corn, beans and wheat here so I guess it would not work out the best. I have looked at hoppers now made by Crary and Mauer. I think one of these will suit. The big Mauer hopper will bring the R-62 up to 390 bushel.

wally

most any brand is ok, the one called the "big Top" fits fine. but be aware that we already had to do a frame-reinforcement field mod on this series. adding another couple tons of weight to the bin is really pushing the envelope on the frame.

Justin

We use the Crary Big Top. It seems to hold together better than a Mauer which our neighbor has. Check out the web site if your interested.

dx

i work for a case ih dealer, i would not use the big topper on a 2166. it is just to much weight for a 2166, i would use a mauer

Bigred

We use the Crary "Big Top", on both our 2366s' and 2188s'. Very happy with them.

Kipp

Maurer has large extension for TR99 to hold 380 bushel. 712-262-2992 Spencer IA

AJZ

our neighbor and soon us have a mauer. He seems to like it and they do give alot of capacity. They have had other foldable ones that actually bent if you had to work them into place when folding.

Deere_Boy

I would reccomend a Mauer. They look the best and I belive they have the highest capacity.