Combines 2366 header tracker trouble

rod

I don't know if this could cause your trouble but check that your hydraulic hoses are hooked up properly. We had a similar problem one day, my brother had crossed 2 hoses.

DG

Rod, Thanks for the reply. The stripper head only has one hydraulic hose and it hooks into the reel lift circuit. The head has not been removed from the machine, so no cross connections were made. The problem is in the electronics. I feel certain its is either the header control switch, or the tracker auto_manual switch. I guess we are going to have to start changing switches until we find the right one.

Jamer

Your header lift switch has five wires leading to it. One red one and four white ones with tracers.The red one supplies power to the switch any time there is engine oil pressure. So there is always power to the center of the switch when the engine is running. Depending on which part of the switch is depressed, there will be 12 volts supplied to one of the four white wires. If the switch is bad, none of the four wires will power up, or more than one will power up. To check it, you will need an ohmmeter or test light. Good luck.

dum

Yes I had that problem 2 years ago I had to replace header up , down and lateral button switch. tedious but preety easy

DG

Jamer, Thanks for the info. We will check it out. We ordered the header switch this afternoon. Our local dealer replaced this switch in a 2166 last week. The symptoms of that machine were the same as ours and the switch solved the problem. I appreciate the advice. Don

DG

A new header switch appears to have corrected the problems. Thanks for the replies. This link will take to our harvest pictures. Don