Combines HARVEST UPDATE

Dave

Not sure of the part of the country you are looking for, but I live in southwest Indiana and we would be done if not on rain delay. Our wheat is dry and should be out but rain rain and more rain has put a stop to harvest. I was north of my place today about 200 miles and they are just getting ready (central Indiana) but they are wet also. We should have no rain until after July 4th, and that should let everone here finish and get back to planting notill beans.

Silver_Bullet

Wheat harvest is nearing I-80 in Nebraska. We would have been done here just north of the KS border several days ago but have had rain delays and cool weather. Nine months of dry weather ended a week too soon....go figure. Oh well, maybe there will be a fall harvest afterall. Wheat yields are about 1_2 of what we have had the last 2 years, (which were exceptional),around county average or below. Anywhere from 10 to 70 bu._a. with most in the 30 to 50 bu range which was a little better than we expected. Dale

SDman

Deere boy, I live in central SD. No wheat cut here yet but there are several custom cutters around getting ready. Perhaps early next week some are going to try it.

The_Red

I was hoping to run my soft red winter wheat in East Central Indiana this weekend. looks like another week yet. The heads are not drooping over. This will be an interesting harvest in the double seeded field behind my barn. The soybeans are picking up growth. I just hope we don't do too much damage to the beans when we run the wheat.

The_Red

I still have it on the lot where I found it. I started it in early June and ran the engine for 30 minutes. I am trying to line up transportation to ship it to the farm or the junk yard. I have the rest of this year to make a decision. With so many surplus 6600s, etc. on the market, I am not sure sinking another $2,000-3,000 to get this field ready is a smart move. I have liked the challenge so far but I have to stretch bucks these days. Thanks for asking.

The_Red

We will be cutting next weekend in East Central Indiana. We definitely need to get into the double seeded field as soon as possible. The soybeans are jointing and picking up height. It will be a challenge to get the wheat cut without cutting into the soybeans!!

Roster

A friend of mine works for a custom cutter. He called me over the weekend from central South Dakota, west of Mitchell. Said the crops are very good there.

Silver_Bullet

Sounds like your wheat is yielding all right. The weather sounds frustrating!!!!

Jeremy

I'm soooooo ready to start harvest. A whole year of computer_network support can get old. Coaxing great deals of work from a combine will be a nice break (especially if we get the high pressure circuit on 'my' N6 working this year.)