Combines Slow speed change up on 2388 cleaning system

SDman

Stobart, you are correct, the first 23s did not have the slowed down drives. They were introduced at serial nJJC0184544 on the 2366s, JJC0198068 on the 88s.

Ian

SDman. Now you have got this ser n sorted out I would like to ask you a question , it is about my 2388 , with the machine running the header will not engage, have tryed every thing , even the seat switch, the hyd and the reel drive are working. Can't get the feeder house to move, any susgestions. I think this one has a mind of it's own. IAN

KCH

What is a slow speed change up cleaning systemIJ What is the use of this systemIJ

SDman

Ian, you may or may not have solved this by now. Sounds to me like you have a problem in the feeder clutch solenoid circuit. The reel drive working indicates that the "A" post is recognizing the "On" and "Off" positions of the feeder switch correctly as well as the Operator Presence(Seat switch) is working correctly. Power is not sent directly from the feeder switch to the solenoid-it goes through the "A" post which, in turn, sends power to the solenoid for the feeder clutch. See if you have power to your feeder solenoid. It is the solenoid on top of the transmission towards the lH side of the combine. Do not unhook the connector to check for voltage, you must check it in series otherwise the electronics will detect an open circuit and shut off power to the solenoid. There are 4 connectors that the power has to go through from the "A" post down to the solenoid itself, so this might be a place to look at. If you need more help, just let me know.

Ian

Thanks for the help, the problem was not the post or electronics, it was the shaft that the pulley pivots on to engage the feeder house belt. The factory quit putting greese fittings in them , but put a plastic bushing in it ( not supose to stick ha ha ) it seiged tight. Had to take it apart and drill it to take grease fitting. The machine is two years old and have had a lot of little problems with it. Tried every thing else