Combines Combining Speed

Peanut

Tank my man I also own a piece of junk 2188. I am having a tough time also. 65 bushel club wheat, taking 14 -18 inches of straw. 650 rotor .5 concave. and I can only get 2.5mph. I am running a 9650 in the same field and it is great. the deere is less tempermental. the deere is cleaner,faster, and throwing almost nothing!! My sugestion is close your concaves down slow your rotor. and try to pull everyother wire out of the last half of your last concave. it lets the thrashed out grain really drop. let me know if it helps. good luck!!

John_W

I don't know much, but I have to add my two cents and ask a few dumb questions. Is the rotor lose threshed outIJ If it is threshed out then you have to get the grain out of the cage sooner or keep the straw in the rotor longer. Is the straw being chewed up too muchIJ I would try emailing M Gordon (feedback). He knows how to make a speciality rotor work in wheat.

Willbur

Hi Tank I am from south of london Ont. and the wheat here is running good too. You are probably done by now but the only thing I can think of too do is run large wire concaves and put blanks in the first concave and if you still have loss you have to retard the vanes over the grates.

Combineman

We harvested a lot of soft white wheat acers in Idaho over the years as a custom harvester. We ran Specialty Rotors exclusivly. Without knowing exactly how your machine is set up, I'd just be guessing as what to do. First, I'd say that 3-3.5MPH is about all your going to do with that much yield and putting that much straw through the machine. One thing we did was never to run all three small wires in our Axial Flows except in some hard to thrash varieties of hard red wheat. Try replacing the last concave with a large wire one. This helps start pushing the treashed grain through. After all, most of the treashing is done over the front concave. After that, we need to start thinking about seperation. In some varieties, I've even put two large wire concaves in the rear leaving only the front as a small wire. Then, use your concave setting and rotor speed to adjust your threshing. I'd say around n1 is a good place to start for opening and 900 for Rotor speed. I think this will get the crop threashed right in the front. Then the large wire concaves will start seperation earlier, not waiting untill the crop is to the grates before seperating. You'll gain some ground speed this way. Keep in mind, a combine can only handle so much material period. We ran 25' head on our 1688's, 3.5-3.8 mph is about all you can expect to do in 100 bu+ yield and heavy straw. Air foil chaffers are the only way to go in small grains, sunflowers, dry beans, dry popcorn and dry corn. The only time we need a regular or deep tooth chaffer was in high moister corn. Good luck, CM