Combines fan speed i need more

Jamer

I'm assuming that you've adjusted the inner jam nuts and also when the new style fan was installed the person went ahead and installed the new driven pulley set that came in the kit. Check to make sure that the fan speed sensor is set close to the reluctor on the left side of the fan shaft. This will ensure that your instrumentation is reading correctly unless, of course the sensor is bad. After you check that, then check for wear at the fan jackshaft hub. If the keyway and key start to wear this will slow down your potential fan speed dramatically. To check for wear, unhook your six-sided belt, driven belt and drive belt from their pulleys on the jackshaft and see if you can wiggle the shaft side to side or in and out.

dino

thanks jamer for the information. i checked every thing out today that i hadn,t already done. all was as it should have been so i contacted the dealer where i bought this combine. they were the ones who installed the new style fan. they went over there work order and said everything was done according to the kit instructions.then someone in the shop says which fan drive belt is on the pulleys.DAAAA. aparently when these kits are installed there is alittle shorter belt 1541569c1 . so when i complained before about not enough fan speed and was told to try a new belt i just went by the number on the old belt and compared it to my parts book number 195396c2 . they matched but i didnt know that it was the wrong belt.will let you know if new beltsolves the problem. once again i,m being taught check the simplest things first.

dino

never seen so much air. fan runs1220 rpm now . all it took was the proper belt