Combines Still have unloader problems

Jamer

It's probably not a bad idea to check the regulated pressure, but if it were low, you'd probably have other problems surfacing like the parking brake lite coming on or the brakes applying by themselves, or sluggish feeder engagement. Is this a new machine or one that has some hours on it and this problem has just developedIJ Get a volt-ohm meter (preferably a digital one) and measure the voltage on the two wires going to the solenoid. If you've only got 9 or 10 volts, you've got a voltage drop maybe at a connector somewhere or maybe an insufficient ground supply. If you've got 11.5 volts or better, then you've got a hydraulic restriction between the valve and the engagement cylinder. What is happening at the cylinder when it does engageIJ Does the cylinder creep out slowly or does it snap out fairly quickly after the 10 or so secondsIJ

larry

This may be a dumb question, but I'm assuming you're folding that auger in when not in use. Could it be that the transport lockout switch is sticking, sometimes vibrating closed, but at other times notIJ

Tank

I had the same problem on my 2366 sure can be aggrivatig and confusing to the grain cart opperator. like larry said I just cleaned that safety switch in the auger cradle and the problem has stayed away. Hope this helps and good luck on the rest of your harvest.

Big_Al

Thanks for the reply larry. Yes, I have been folding the auger back, but, where is this transport lockout switchIJ Is it the one that is in the cradle at the backIJ A CIH service tech said it was probably the unloader dipping relay. We sort of checked that out and it seems if you give it a little wiggle or shot it comes on. Of course it could be all coincidental, too.

larry

You're correct . . . that switch is at the auger cradle. Hope you find 'er whatever she is.

Stu

I had 243hours out of 927 engine hours in numerous break down downtime with one of the last of the 2188's.For every four hours with the engine running there was more than a full hour broken down.Before this 2188 ,I had a 1666 the most reliable machine I've ever had 1250 hours and no real problems .Following that two other 2188's that were O.K but nothing like this last one. One of the problems I had was with the unloader auger,the auger on my machine wouldn't come out,like yours sometimes it would work and other times grain cart drivers left confused .Similarly I drove the machine 100+ miles to the dealer to have it with other problems fixed in the off season . After 2 months and every thing was supposed to be fixed I picked it up and asked did you fix the auger I was told there was nothing wrong with it. For the first week of harvest the auger with nothing wrong didn't work.What it came down to was a soft wire running down the handpiece that would rub and once connected the auger would work,the way yours some times works and sometimes dosen' sounds similar, maybe it's worth a look there! I hope this helps and if not I hope the problem is sorted out for you.