Combines Rotor speed dropping

JFarms

Check your belt tension. An easy way to do that is to slow the rotor up all the way, shut off engine, get a 7_16" bolt and it should just slip between the two driven sheaves. If the bolt doesn't slip in between them tighten up the big draw bolt until the bolt slips in and that should give you the proper tension. Hope this helps...

darren_sk

I had the same question and SDman posted that the drive pulley should be 4 and 3_8" at slow speed and the rotor pulley should be 3and 1_4 ".

SDman

Tommy, when your rotor slows down, is it just the rotor slowing down or does the fan speed slow down at the same timeIJ If the whole machine(separator) slows down in general when the rotor slows down I would suggest looking at your separator clutch. Pull the dipstick on the gearbox behind the engine. If the oil smells burnt(believe me, it will have a very DISTINCTIVE smell),your clutches in your sep. clutch are burnt up. Another thing is to drain the oil out of that gearbox, remove the filter for the sep. clutch, and cut it open. A burnt sep. clutch will leave lots of fiber pieces, meaning clutch plate material, in the filter. Good luck.

WATTSY

I had a lot of trouble with my 97 2188.I replaced the rotor torque spring on advice from a dealer but that did not make any difference.I found out after the harvest that there was a bad batch of rotor belts going around and after much jumping up and down my dealer gave me a free belt,saying this belt was a different batch number.That belt only lasted 200ha.The only way i could fix the problem was simply to spray the belt with CRC-BElT GRIP,it has not slipped since.