Combines Honeybee Draper Header

John_W

Questions. Do you really mean 25 degrees, that is pretty steep, and a 47% slope. Next, how well does the draper carry the grain up hill on the steep slopes, or do you have a different draper. The old pull type hillside machines with drapers didn't work well when the header was downhill. What crops are you harvesting. Any pulses like peas, lentils or garbanzos or canolaIJ Just wondering how well the drapers would work here in the Palouse areas of Washington and Idaho.

Zippy

John W. Your right! The brain gets a little fuzzy during harvest. 25% would be correct. I'm not sure about steeper slopes. You can increase the draper tension but there is a limit. So far I have not run into a problem. How did they harvest back in the old days with draper headersIJ

darren_sk

I run a 25 foot Honey Bee on a 1460. We cut peas,lentils and wheat with it. Have also swathed oats. I think the knife is the outstanding feature of this machine. They will run in the dirt better than anything else I have seen. Though parts are expensive.

tfrancis

We have run HoneyBee draper headers for several years (8-10) and have had exceptional luck with them in cutting lentils, peas .....