Combines 2388 AFS

SDman

Kitty, the one that Case recommends to us as dealer personell is sold by Envoy Data Corp. Their phone n is 1-800-368-6971. The model n for the card reader is lPC-01. Suggested price is $149 plus shipping_handling. Hope this helps.

larry

Not sure how much different the new AFS is. I run one of the early 2188 AFS machines. I use a laptop with type II PCMCIA slots built in. The last time I looked at laptops (April '99) these slots were a pretty standard feature. You might convince "the men" that since they expect you to help them with their new toy, that they get you a new toy as well!

farmerR

We also have an earlier 21 machine with just yield monitor. We were recommended by Case 2 years ago to go with Adtron brand _Accent external reader for our PC. I think we hooked it up through printer port. The company is out of Arizona. They were very helpful. If this is your first time, you will find that several companies will tell you that their readers will work with no modifications. DON'T believe all of them. We tried 2 different ones before the Adtron worked. Even for it to work, we had to change a few command lines in the program. The company helped us walk through the steps to make it work. Good luck with your efforts, I can remember the challenges we went through to make things work.