Combines Advice on Case IH Yield Monitor

farmerR

Yes you can calibrate in wet corn. I would advise you though to make it a separate grain from dry corn on the monitor. I don't know about the new monitors, but on ours we have a Corn1 and Corn2 option. Probably calibrate 20+ separately from dry corn. As far as ground speed goes, a nice uniform speed would be preferred. But speed shouldn't affect anything as long as it is a normal operating speed.

Jamer

It is a good idea WHIlE YOU ARE HARVESTING CAlIBRATION lOADS to vary your ground speed some. During a calibration load, slow down some to simulate lower yielding parts of your field. Then harvest some crop at a higher rate of speed than you would normally drive. It is important that the flow sensor see different rates of grain flow. You can simulate the lower ground speed by not taking a full swath with your head.

Brodale

I believe our monitor has four corn settings. Version 6.02 I think. We use Corn 1 for under 20%, corn 2 for 20-25%, corn 3 for 25-30% and corn 4 for over 30%. You can also use the different Catagories for corn of significantly different test weights. This will help increase the accuracy of the monitor. These monitors need to be recalibrated periodically to maintain accuracy. When we calibrated for moisture we took several samples from each calibration load to get average moisture for the load and then used the average difference between each actual load moisture and the monitor reading for each corresponding load to determine the moisture adjustment necessary. (I hope that wasn't too complicated) These are a great tool but long term accuracy depends on keeping them calibrated.