Combines 1660 in edible beans

wally

The interrupter bars do exactly what they are named: they interrupt the crop flow through the rotor cage. This is good in heavy wet corn or some similar condition where you may still have seeds left over the grate area. This is big-time bad if you are trying to move the typical ropey jungle of bean vines out of the rotor cage. Normally, edible beans of most varieties are very easy to thresh (usually completely threshed out by the feeder chain and transition cone) and the real problem with this type of crop is to get rid of the vines. I strongly recommend the new edible bean concaves from Case. Smooth without any wires or anything else sticking up in the rotor cage, very similar to a set of smooth grates. Use normal rotor bars (no rice spikes, no interruptor bars) and normal set of helical kicker bars on specialty rotor. The bean concaves will even let you harvest blackeyed peas with a standard rotor. You won't believe the difference in throughput between these concaves and a set of large-wire concaves. Gets rid of rotor rumble and reduces seed cracks also.

cutter2388

Hello there, I also run a 1660 w_specialty rotor and the six seperator bars. I have installed a set of Gorden bars in it also. We harvest pinto beans with it which are similar to your navy beans. There is no need to remove the bars. I set my rotor speed at 270rpm and the fan at 850rpm. I have my concave set at 4. I agree with the fellow on the beans being basically thrashed by the feeder house. We have perforatted our header pans,feeder house pan, clean grain auger pan, and it works very well. I just started beans last friday and my first load was 1.9 total tare, with a few adjustments I now have it set very well the last load to town went .84% total tare. Unit 5 who is on this site from time to time was out from Iowa on our first day of harvest to see how we do our beans out this way. Anyway good luck to ya have a good safe bean harvest and I hope you can dial your machine in.

deere_slayer

I would recommend not using staight bars in any type of edible bean harvest. Set the rotor with all rasp pads. The vanes should be in the fast position over the grates. Run the punch grates with the channel bars removed I usually put a vane on each punch grate to help the crop to keep moving and to get rid of the rumbling noise.