Combines Floor Pan on 863 Corn head worn through

Jack

If you are close to harvest you may wish to measure the width under the auger and place new steel under the auger. You will have to start from the outside and make two sheets per side. If you make it one long sheet I believe you would have a difficult time to get in under the auger. I have done this on a 4 row head and the front edge of the steel should be bent down a little and then fasten it to the front edge. hope this helps.

JFarms

I had the same problem with a 1063 a year ago. Go to town and get a strip of 1_8" plastic wide enough to go from the 1_4" lip in front of the auger and curve it around up to the stripper plate. Go the entire length of the head. In the center cut a line in the plastic on each side of the feeder opening. Get some steel pop rivets to fasten it down tight, try to avoid putting pop rivets directly under the auger as this will catch on material. Removal of the auger is a big help and doesn't take much time and you can get the plastic tighter to the bottom. Cost about $50.00 for materials and a couple hours. You'll be suprised how much nicer the material flows under the auger. Traded the header this fall and the salesman commented on how professional it got to look. In fact I may even do it to my brand new 1083, time will tell. JFarms