Combines wheat settings

Rolf

G'Day Would think that you would need to close up the front of your concave to around 1_8 of an inch (3 mm)! this measurement is read when you have the concave closed right down and the top back check bar is touching the the highest rasp bar make sure that, that bar your measuring is parallel to the rasp bar and the same goes for the front check bar as well. (Reset your concave gauge to 0 on the out side!!) You might want to check to see if you have any filler plates that came with the combine so you can add two to three in the first rows of check bars to help with threshing. To help in any cereals it might pay to install a 2 inch O.D.(50mm) pvc (or somthing like it!) along the front just behind the knife but on top of the cutter bar to help trip up the wheat or barley heads, and so it feeds it in and under the table auger, this helps heaps with threshing!! (Heads hit concave first!!!!) I would try the concave downed pretty tight first, with no filler bars then play around from there! Try rotor Revs around 800-900 RPM's. Please let us know on how you got on!! Rolf PS: Don't!!!!!!! put any reverer bars back in! They should be placed on a shed shelf some were in the shed for you to walk past them all the time and look at and wonder how you could use them.

MN_Dean

I have my reverse bars on a shelf next to the stairway to my upper parts storage and I look at them every time I go up there. I'm thinking boat anchorIJ I don't own a boat. I ran in wheat last year the way the R-62 came (5 years old) out of the box with 4 reverse bars. It ground the straw so bad my old baler wouldn't pick it up at all. It is going to be fun to see the difference this year.

KBomar

Straw will still be ground up and hard to bale but the full hyperized capacity will be amazing.

doc_m

The R series are good at grinding the hay unless the straw is damp. The rotor leaves a lot of chaff in the straw, so it isslick as all get out. My round baler won't roll it. The square bales, small size, have to be handled carefully or they explode. Best wishes. Set the wind open wide and you will have the prettiest sample in the industry to deliver to town. The amazing part is there are only shriveled or weed seed behind the machine.

Rolf

G'Day You guy's below just reminded me to tell Booth Farms to check to see if your acc rollers are in good condition!!! As Dan Hurrt has said, you shouldn't be able to get a HB gray lead Pencil down in between each roller! I have heard that you can shims out the acc rollers sections!!!!! but that would be for a poverty pack edition Combine!!! Rolf PS: Dry as chips here in South Eastern Australia! Only had 90 mm for the year to date 77 mm's of that came in late Feb. We normally start cropping in mid May to early June! (Carn't Sweat as to it's to darn dry!!!!)

MN_Dean

I normally don't have much wheat. I combine it a little wet and put air on to dry it. My R-50 was hyperized and didn't mess the straw up nearly as bad as this. How big of a job is it to install return to cylinder on R-62 and does anyone know of a yard that has oneIJ I think it would be helpfull in wheat and in seed beans. Any opinions would be appreciated.

doc_m

no iea on how hard to install. Mikes at Buhler ,KS has several machines. The return is good when thrashing tough heads. It gives a better thrash and you'll have a better sample. Good luck.

glr62

just a funny! got a friend in northwest strailia[notice spelling], anyway, can't understand his speaking and now if he is speaking the same way you are spelling then i have the problem. enjoy your comments from down wonder[or is it under].