Combines high yield corn settings

Jamer

No need to run your rotor that fast in corn. Try around 390-400 rpm's. You may have to slow your ground speed some, too.

farmerR

This time of year and 24% moisture, my guess is that you probably have some "green" material hanging up on the concaves. This can create a large rotor loss like you described. Open the side up and look to see if this is the problem. I am not a huge fan of pulling wires, but in this situation it can be a great help. Try pulling every other wire in the first half of the concaves and see if this helps, if this is the problem.

combineman

We run in corn like that most of the time.We have every other wire pulled leaving three wires in each little section of concave.Vanes on the fastest postion.Rotor 350-400 under load.7 mph is very fast in good corn we run 4-4.5 with a 1680 and 8 row corn head.

Rod

I pick quite a bit of this type of corn with 1666 and now 2366 I run every other wire out with stove bolts installed in the open holes left when the wires are pulled. This keeps things from hair

M__Gorden

Also, for more capacity in corn, consider trying Gorden Helical Separator bars, in addition to the Gorden Threshing bars. They work even better in tough bean straw. Check them at this page: