Combines New cornhead

combineman

It's going to be like the new holland head but red ,the new number is 2100 series. Same with the flex heads.Also heard that the new holland combines and the axial-flow are going to be using the same frame.Both combines are going to be made in Grand Island,NE

statboy44

I dont know if they have been long enough for a corn harvest, perhaps someone will be running one down in Texas in a few days.

mike

you might want to try the NH Talk Show, since they have had the corn head for a few seasons.

frmall

The knives on the 2200 are not the same as the NH knife rolls. Aftercut is better than NH or JD knife rolls but they do not pick as clean as a 1000 series. At the proper speed ratio, they are the highest capacity rolls in production. Frmall

mx270

gotten 2 seasons of use out of a 2000 series head I think they chew up the trash just fine the only problem i have with them is that you cannot run them as close to the ground as the old 1000 series heads

frmall

MX270, I'm just curious, how do you have 2 seasons use on a 2200 head alreadyIJ The 2200's aren't a year old yet. Frmall

scooter

I have had a NH head since they came out with the knive rolls.. I like them but cannot comment how they compare with others. Some NH users around here have stopped and thought they were too aggressive and stayed with the standard NH roll. I like mine, I notill everything and think this speeds up decomposition, just feeling not based in any study. I agreee, post his question in NH and see if anyone there has any opinion. What is the general feeling about the cornhead, which is essettially a NH. The case reverser is also NH. I hope CIH guys give this merger a chance and maybe get the best of both companies.

mx270

Some of my friends at case let me try out a head before they were introduced

frmall

MX240, E-mail me if you would, we have mutual friends. I'd like to know which head you used-only a few started a year ago. Frmall