Combines Red or Green

Jim

I know you asked about Red and Green - but - If you want the most performance for your money. The least mechanical problems and the highest grain quality. Chose a Gleaner.

Kent

I run an older 7720 and have very little problem with getting a good sample even up to 35%. I'm sure that the newer combines would be even better. Before I purchased the titan machine I had an International rotor, and probablely will never go back to an IH

notillr

I went from a Gleaner to a 9500 and have never had such a great sample. The 9500 did better in 28-29% corn than the R-50 I had could do in 18-20%. Not only that but the Deere didn't seem to notice the moisture capacity wise. One has to be mighty carefull with a Gleaner rotor in wet corrn to keep it inside the machine.notillr

Danny

I agree with you totally. Five years ago I would have been in the nothing runs like a deere crowd but two winters of corn in the field due to a broken down combine finally convinced me to try a Gleaner. It went against every fiber of my emotions but I finally did it. In my experience, I no longer have constant break downs and no longer have ground feed coming into the bin. The Gleaners are a joy to drive, easy to service and adjust and perform excellent. I'd recommend one of the R series to anybody. And remember this is from a guy who has a shed full of green equipment and whose blood has a little green tint to it. Maybe my deere was just a lemon, but i surely can't comp[lain about the Gleaner.

Jim

Yep!!! I will agree that the R-50 can't compare to the 9500 in capacity although you should have a very comparable sample.

notillr

I can't ever see going back to Geaner after having Deere. Spoiled now. notillr

TOM

EVERY ONE HAS DIFFERANT PREFERANCES FOR DIFFERANT REASONS BUT All MACHINES WORK VERY WEll IF SET PROPERlY AND MAINTAINED REASONABlE. I DO KNOW A lOT OF ElEVATOR MANAGERS AND IF THEY WERE POllED FOR WHICH SAMPlES HAD THE lEAST DAMAGE AND FM I AM SURE THE VOTES WOUlD GO TO GEANER AND CASE. DEERE HAS A VERY WEll ACCEPTED AND PROVEN MACHINE BUT I THINK IF GlEANER AND CASE HAD AS MANY DEAlERS AS DEERE DOES THE MARKET SHARE WOUlD BE MUCH DIFFERANT. IF YOU HAVE A GOOD GlEANER NEAR YOU TRY A R72 . THEY ARE AWESOME. ROTARYS ARE NO DOUBT MORE MORE GENTlE BUT HAVE ONE DRAWBACK IN VERY TOUGH CONDITIONS BUT THEY WIll STIll KEEP THEM PUFFED SEEDS IN THE BIN WHERE THE CONVENTIONAl SEND IT THROUGH THE STRAW CHOPPER SO IT IS A TRADEOFF. GOOD lUCK WITH WHATEVER YOU BUT.

tg9610

I went south combining this summer and all I really seen was green. If custom crews run them they must be good because there cutting to make a living and it all depends on there machine. I also have been around deere machines on my family farm. We've been running two 9600's since they came out and we had 8820's before that and the dependabilty is there and the service is there if needed. John Deere hasn't failed us and all our neighbors have seen this and are switching to deere also. This year we purchase 2 9610's and deere will be on our farm as long as we continue to farm.

The_F

We ran a 2188 until last year when se switched to a 9650sts. The STS had more power and capacity. We have run AFs for many years but after this season we figured the sts had at least 20% more capacity than the red one, and at the same time it put very little out the back.