Combines Corn Head

MMM_in_PA

I don't know where you're located. I saw 2 or 3 today at an AC dealer C J Wonsidler Bros 215-536-7523 in Quakertown PA. Have also seen some at Stitzel Farm Equipment in Hamburg PA - He's on the internet under DTNIRON.COM search for Gleaner Combines in PA you'll find his number. Hope this helps. MMM in PA

tbran

If you are lucky enuf to find this to be a FG 430 it is a bolt on swap. Simply move the top hooks in one hole move the bottom pegs in to the F position and slide the sprockets on the gearbox in to line up and go to it after installing the sheet metal to close the throat down.. If if ain't a FG you can still do it but you will have to build and weld to accomplish the same thing. But it can be done. On non FG early model toughest thing is sprocket line up and making a plate for guick 'tatch hooks

T__langan

I'm not at all familiar with MF corn heads, but Gleaner heads have knives that should be adjusted quite close to the rolls to cut grass_etc. off to prevent wrapping. Check the underside of your head - either side of rolls should have a knife. If it does, they may just need to be adjusted closer to the rolls. Good luck!

Rooskie

The head doesn't have any grass knives. I may have to locate a junk head and rob the knives from it. New ones will cost more than the head is worth. Thanks for the help!

Dave

Not to mislead, I bought the head new 5 years ago not new this year.

lloyd_E

Dave, where are you located and what are you asking for the head.

Curt

I looked in the parts catalog and it showed a over and under piece that wasn't very long for a four row or something. I'm gonna look again and see what I come up with, our header has longer shafts to get the sprocket away from the tire. I think the knives are still usuable yet because the right three rows take the corn away half way up the stripper plates and I already checked and the snapping rolls and they are farther apart on the left hand side. I'm not sure why someone would do that because it doesn't make much sense. You have been a great help and I hope to get this head set up to run before the rain passes. Thanks,

tbran

Gleaner new has a kit to put older Huggers on lateral tilt 'Smart Tracs'. With the auto height feelers it works super on terraces and slopes. Took two of us, between phone calls, 4-5 hours to install. little welding and cutting involved but easy stuff. No excuse now, everyone go out and buy a new gleaner with smart trac and keep the old hugger ;-)