Combines Market share

terry

I agree with Massey Man,its always interesting to follow companies and their decisions about markets for whatever they have, so many times, as the Massey 800 series, it looks as if they just gave up, and someone is always ready to take over.

hickory

i dont know if massy really just gave up did theyIJ.....i was told that it was a riff in the union....everyone can talk about lost opportunities but i think this one was big....never should have quit building them.....any commentsIJ

John

The suits in Duluth,GA are apparently young and lack CUSTOMER SERVICE technics. They have got a fiasco with customers and dealers over the Allis and White dropping to the new Agco. That is going to be a sink or swim venture for them. They have not worked well with several of the dealers in my state and have lost them to CNH as well. They are putting too much effort into Fendt and Massey and forgetting about the Allis_Gleaner and White customers and dealers. What they have left of all the mergers and aquitions in 5 yrs well tell the whole story. I as an Allis Chalmers and Gleaner owner am NOT IMPRESSED with Duluth and I hope my dealer can hang in there without their help.

Illinois_Gleaner

John, Totaly agree with you on the putting to much time on the Fendt and Massey line. They may be alright for across the water but they wont have any customers left here in the states,if the trend continues. Im like you I'm a Allis-Chalmers and Gleaner owner but don't like the way they are running things They have forgotten that the companies name is Allis Gleaner Company. And if it were not for guys like us there wouldnt be an AGCO today because they arent winning any new customers over with the way they have been running things. Illinois Gleaner

Massey_Man

I feel for you but they have to go with what sells,and Massey represents about 60% of sales and Fendt about 20%.White and Allis each account for about 1% a piece.With sales this low it isn,t worth keeping them.Massey is what put Agco on the map and they better run with them.Just the facts.

mo_farm

How much of massey and fendts sales are overseasIJ How does masseys sales in the US compare to allis and whiteIJ

J_I__Case_Man

I would like to comment on AGCO's direction and customer service. A local Case dealer also carries the AGCO line, and comments that the treatment from AGCO is far superior to what CNH dealer service is. It is my view that the combining of White and Allis tractors was very necessary and overdue. The company seems to now be hitting on all cylinders. While some diehards may not approve of the elimination of silver tractors, it is quite important that AGCO look beyond its traditional base and go after green, red and blue. This focused approach is the only realistic way to make headway into new customers. I have talked to AGCO tractor customers that have indicated that the service was superior. One problem I think that AGCO has to fix is certain dismal dealerships - largely from the Deutz fiasco. The way the management of AGCO has brought this company up from the roots is nothing short of remarkable. In addition to all of the other pluses of this company, they seem to always make money. CNH should be so fortunate. I personally can't wait to place my order for a new DT series.