Combines pacer

Tom

Rolf, it is hard for me to imagine anyone operating a combine without a Pacer. But a lot of guys think they can. One time the lock nut on the chaffer adjusting lever worked loose and the chaffer closed. The Pacer saved a lot of lost beans. Tom Russell

Kenc

I personally just set the pacer as sensative as it goes, and tolerate no shoe loss. With the round hole bean screen you can open your chaffer wider without putting any trash in the bin, therefore eliminating any shoe loss. I feel that a properly set rotary Gleaner will not throw any thing out the back even when you do come into a tall spot. I actually see the most losses when the machine is less than full. I know with a conventional machine you will see more loss in the better spots, but I also feel you will see more loss with anything that has straw walkers. I have also had my adjusting bolt come loose on my chaffer and vibrate closed, for reasons like that a pacer is a must have.

tbran

sunspots and the coreolus effect are what I blame this on :). Seriously check your connections from start to finish, especially outside RH side of rear combine. Bad connections are what I suspect. It could be a sticking needle or perhaps just a HYPER HARVESTER at work!

Hyper_Harvest

VJ, A common problem.The pacer is like a drug addiction,once you've had it running without it is near impossible.From your post it seems when your pacer dies the needle lays deadIJ Couple more things to check:Needle sticking in the indicator dialIJ: Wire worn through where they touch the pad mounting brackets on the shoeIJ A true operator should always put crop saveings above speed.You only get paid on what you harvest.I noticed in the latest issue of the new holland power farm 3% crop loss is considered acceptable.True hyper harvest'ers consider no more than 1_2-1% acceptable.Wake up that silver grain saver. Hyper

tbran

We found the shoe sensors to be very accurate, the walkers less so. Up to you . If the cables are cut you will probably find sensors absent also.

pj

i have to disconnect the wires to the sensors and clean the terminals every year on my 04 R55

NowGleaner7

If you are getting false readings it probably is a ground issue. I assume you checked the pads to make sure each is working properly.

ERICK

NOT ABlE TO GET REASONABlE lEVElS OF METER MOVEMENT , EITHER TO MUCH OR NO MOVEMENT , WE ADJUST THE DIAlS IN CAB , BUT CANNOT GET IT TO READ WHERE YOU CAN DEPEND ON IT ,DEAlER SAID , IT IS OUT OF CAlIBRATION , BUT HOW TO DO IT IJIJIJ

NowGleaner7

When you tap on your pad in the test position do they light up properly (see test procedure in manual)IJ When you turn your pacer on do the lights all go thru the proper sequence. Check wires carefully for mice damage, loose wires, or bad ground.