Combines R52

John_W

Clip on "TIPS" under Topics at the left of this page and then go to upgrades should get you started.

Dan

Don't know if I'd monkey with back drum for I see very little trouble with it if shocks are installed. If you install 7" with W rings it will be very close to diameter you have know. If you fell you want more clearance under your drum you can cut top of height block. We used to do that before factory shocks but don't think it does a heck of a lot. A guys got to be carefull not to allow chain from coming to far away from floor for some crops may stall out. I think a slightly worn low wire concave will give you similiar results to hi-wide wire if you get every other wire removed. Someone else can comment if it is worth the money to switch out concave but I wouldn't until it gets tired. We install them missing helicals at top of seperator side to hook up the helicals. Haven't monkeyed much with half height or missing cylinder bars but it looks neat with like one and a half or so missing on R52 size cage. Hyper harvest or Estes have the half height bars. The R50 and R52s that we extended bars on we either made our own or used loewen. The latest R52 parts breakdown should point out the kits or way that Gleaner is extending bars. Not sure if Sunnybrook has extended bars for R52. I can say homemade or loewen are working well.

tbran

This is one of the great mysteries of life. Where do it goIJ Actually the threshing is so complete one does not need this unless in certain types of wheat. IF you set and level the grate, adjust the chaffer and sieve per the op man you will have no problems.

allisfarmer2

Thanks Tim,guess I'll have to wait till the beans are ready to find out.Beans here in central Wi. are 3 1_2' tall and never looked better in 10 yrs. john