modifier_man

This could be the best money you ever spent.The stops to unload are few and far between due to the 315 bushel grain tank.However,be sure that you get one that is 1983 or newer.The older ones had bugs in them..BBBAAADDD BUGS!!!!!! The cab is almost identical to your l2's.The machine is MUCH easier to service.You can run them about 6 mph in normal wheat ( meaning 30 - 40 bushel ) This is a well built,high capacity,high speed combine.This is a small grains growers DREAM!!!!!!!

kw

Since Gleaner was the only manufacturer to make grain tanks of the proper size for todays (and yesterday's) farmer this may indeed work, however you might be better off to gut your CTS and put a few sideboards on it so it can accept the N7's massive load and then use it as the catch cart. As once you realize what a joy it is to run a Gleaner you will want to use it as your main machine and once you realize that a 20 some year old machine can outwork your relatively new green one you may want to invest in some papertowels to wipe off the vaseline from your backside. I'm sure that the good JD people would have used lube when you purchased the CTS. P.s. please don't take this personally as if you had enough balls to post this kind of question on OUR board you should be able to shoulder a little gentle ribbing. Kirk

kw

if you are really serious about this then my book shows the transport height of an N7 as 135.6 inches. The extensions on these would probably add at least 16 inches which may make it too high to get over with your CTS.

Green_Envy

Yes, we are serious about it. We are thinking about finding a worn out beat up cheap N7. If I had wanted to bash Gleaner combines then I would have said "we are looking for a Gleaner R72 to use as a grain cart since that is all they are good for." Thanks for the info.

camshaft

Marshall, If you're changing rub bars, I would consider the sunnybrook enclosed rotor and sunnybrook concave. JMHO

marshall

I would go ahead and purchase a enclosed cylinder ect. if I was sure I would keep the machine. I have an enclosed cylinder in one combine and they are worth the money. I plan to purchase the standard stuff for this season since it does not cost much. If I decide to keep the machine I will install a enclosed cylinder. I can get by with what is in the machine right now but I know it will harvest better with new rub bars. The accelerator rolls have to be replaced.

Hyper_Harvest_II

Marshall, You will need six acc. roll lug kits to do both front and rear rolls.As for the P3 stars making a difference,yes you will see better seperation and less power requirements with them.Just make sure you set it up like in Hyer Mods. pics with the Hi-lo bars.Consider chrome on the cylinder bars and concave if you plan on keeping the machine for awhile.If you have further questions,let us know. Hyper Harvest II

marshall

Wayne I bought a N7 last season and harvested wheat with it. I did hyperize it before putting it in the field. I just went by the factory settings in the operators manual to start with. Very little adjustment after that. The N7 seems to be very forgiving with the settings. I did open the chaffer nearly wide open to handle the capacity. The sample was very clean. I did not have to clean it before putting it in the bin for seed wheat.

NDDan

Stacked or channel helicals would be most important. Corn soybean guys may want hi-low cylinder and seperator grate but you don't need to go that way. Don't think hi-low cylinder will hurt you but havn't heard any good info one way or the other. I would us some stationary rasp bars in belly of seperator side before installing a seperator grate. like Marshell said you will have no trouble setting as long as you flow the straw well. Good luck

dairyman

Depending upon options (RWA) and maintenance, probably in the mid-teens ($15-17,000) judging from the local market here. Are you buying or sellingIJ