Combines Cage Sweep

• Thread starter County_line_Harvesting
  • Start date

County_line_Harvesting

I used to run an N-6, I also had cage sweep problems. I finally got frustrated one day when it broke and I removed everything out of that compartment. It worked great. I do think you will want to take all of the components out of there or you still might have problems. That was the second best thing I ever did to that N-6!!

tom

Replace the accumulatorIn our area of beans _corn_whest we removed the chain on quite a few units and they are working fine so far. Be sure to remove everything so there is enough clearence and no bridging. Only problem that could happen is a build up bad enough to push cover off and into engine compartment possible causing a fire. you may call 1-701-771-2044 and ask for ray for more info. on the chain removal.Tom

red

My isn't doing anything as it isn't hooked up either and doesn't seem to matter, at least not in wheat and flax.

Tom_Russell

I followed the advice I got from several guys and removed my cage sweep the year I bought mine. I also raise corn and soys. Here is one bit of advice to new N_R series owners. Make sure you have enough trucks or wagons and your dryer setup has enough capacity to keep up with your new combine.

Rig

There may be other opinions here but I have been unable to cut any amount of wheat without a cage sweep. The cage perimeter gets stuffed with straw. This is the most troublesome part of the combine but cheap and easy to fix. Cage covers right after the concave takes a lot of pressure off the sweep. How do you get along with all forward bars in wheatIJ

NDDan

Never tried running without in wheat and doubt you can without setting up helicals to flow straw. I couldn't find a cage sweep installed anywhere around here but I also couldn't find machine without helical set up to flow straw. That is shimmed helicals by 1_4" or some guys have just double stacked them. You must add green stem kit when stacking helicals. It is a kit that hooks up steeper helicals on thresher side with shallower pitch on seperator side at three locations. One must also install four paddle discharge at end of rotor. If running discharge beater in place of chopper I would hope machine is new enough to have straight discharge paddles with knotched side grabbing the material away from cylinder. A good or better plan to stacking helicals is channel iron helical kits that are available. An extra I like to do if cage sweep is removed completely is install cage cover to left of right concave arm and both sides of left concave arm. All other covers removed. I also like to build tin wall straight up from left concave arm where thresher and seperator cage meet. Bring this wall up a few inches above crown of cage to the crown of cage. Best of luck