PDA

View Full Version : gleaner settings

Jim
12-31-1969, 06:00 PM
I was wondering what speed to run the cylinder on my F for corn. My book lists maize (corn IJ) at 800 RPM. My machine had 2 sheaves with it when I got it... a small one for wheat 908-1300 RPM and the big one 387-590 RPM. It never had the mid sized one. Will the big one do a satisfactory job at 590 RPM's IJ Also, what concave clearance_ speed does the bestIJ

mo_farm
01-01-1970, 12:00 AM
check out the photo's of Wade Mitchells N7 in the photographs. Thats what a turrent should look like on a gleaner!

dcs
I installed an airfoil chaffer in my l3 which I bought last year, and ran for the first time. I had some suggestions as to where to start with the settings, but was finding a lot of chaff on the chaffer and some canola coming out. Unfortunately the pacer monitor was not working (any working experience with these - there were many bare wires at the pickup monitors which I've fixed but it still doesn't work) and I had no one to walk behind the combine while it was moving to collect a good sample. Setting the sieve for a clean sample seemed to throw too much onto the return. I was running about 1.25" or more clearance on the concave and about 2.5 - 3 on the wind setting. Although the canola pods were all shattered, some of the canola (1 seed at most) seemed to be stuck in the pod and carried out the back. Do I need more wind and less concave clearanceIJ Any tips on better performance without loss and chaffer setting. The air foil chaffer is adjustable. I read a Canadian PAMI highlight report that tested the l3 some time back. They found it difficult to set the l3 in canola as well. Also, has anyone devised a reverser for the l3. I was plugging the 13' pickup auger far too often. You should have seen my shins from slipping on the auger. I will be checking the clutch on the auger this summer before threshing.

prairiedog
wasn't there a machiney diccussion board with the same format and posting on the net before. what has happened to it or how do i find it backIJ thanks

wayl
i was wondering what the settings are for an F gleaner 18ft header i would like the settings for wheat and beans please reply

nick
I have a 1999 r-42 that i haven't used yet and was wondering about the setup and upgrades. It has every other wire removed from the cage, that's the only thing that has been done to it. I need to know how to set the feed drum blocks and speed. Are the extended bars necessary and can I install them myselfIJ How expensive are theyIJ Thanks for your help.

Ed
pickup and beater wont work. i determined it was the beater clutch. we adjusted ring out, now runs slow. tryed to adjust it more and wont let it engage at all.

haweater
I am looking for advice on setting up my K for improved performance. We turned the cylinder bars this year and will be replacing concaves. I can't seem to get any speed out of the machine before we get cylinder wows or overloaded shoe. We are harvesting barley in the 80-100 bushel range.

mr_slug
I have upgraded my combine from an E to an F. The "F" is a corn and soybean special with a 430 head. I would like to find out what others have found out about the settings for the "F". Number of concaves and location, fan and cylinder speed, adjustable screen setting, etc.

mr_slug
I have recently aquired a Gleaner "F" corn and soybean special and have been working on it repairing and painting to get ready for corn season. My steering linkage rod was bent so I went to the combine salvage yard and looked at many "F" combines. The serial number is SKS 13120. Combines with 10000 and 16000 numbers rods are about 3 inches longer than mine. The parts manual doesn't mention a break in numbers. Does anyone know what difference is IJIJ

ohiogleaner
Am running an N5 with 20' head in soybeans this year. First time with a rotary. Need help with the settings. Thanks.

Bill
Need step by step instructions for installing new clutch_pressure plate on Gleaner K 17025. I have variable speed sheaves already removed. Thank you

Bill
Need step by step instructions for changing transmission

crop_crusher
I'm looking at a late model F with chevy 292 gas, and std. trans. with a black 438 corn head, really nice shape, 2200 hours on it. Asking $6000 for it. Need some advice on what problem areas to look for, thanks

maly
I'am looking for a corn head for my gleaner modle k. I would like a three row for 30" row

Jim
Another question on my F... It has adjustable walkers. They are set about in the middle of the adjustment plates. Is this right for cornIJ The walkers will plug with cobs and then silk. Is there any way to stop them from pluggingIJ I need to clean them out 4 or 5 times a day. Besides being hard to clean, it is a real time waster. We are just starting harvest here, so any replies will be timely. Thanks

sbfarms
We need some help we are losing corn over the middle two feet of our shoe. We have owned our R60 for 4 years and have never had trouble like this. We are finished with it for this year but would like some ideas for next year. Thank you

BrianErhart
We are having a problem in shelling corn above 2 mph. When we try to speed up the combine the combine wants to throw the corn out the back over the screen. Our nieghbor has a combine identical to ours and he can shell about 3 mph with no problem. The only diffrence between the settings is that we pulled our cookie sheet out from the very bottom of the shoe. Could it be possible that we are lossing to much air off the fan or does anyone else have any suggetions

cott
Need to know cylinder speed, fan setting, shieve size and setting for combining sericia. Any advice is appreciated.

Art
Dan,

Sandgropper
R62 1997 model. Having problems with the comb lift. When the oil is cold the platform will lift perfectly well. Once the oil heats up the rate of lift drops off dramatically. Have tested the pressure and flow of the hydro pump and they seem fine. All other hydro functions working well.

rbryl
I have trouble with beans going over the rotor. have tried many diffrent settings nothing seem to work

Danny
Has anyone installed or used an lD seed kitIJ Need info. on it.

lar
I have a 1996 model R42 and would like to harvest popcorn with it next fall. I understand that I will need to replace the crome bars with black. What other things should be done to be successful. thank you

Mike
have a 1994 model R42 we just boughtlast year. In wheat we have a problem with wheat going out with the straw and over the shoe. We and the dealer have tried many different settings but they do not seem to make a lot of difference. In soybeans, you can walk behind and watch beans bounce off of the shoe. Any help would be much apprciated as there are not many combines in my part of the country and even fewer people that know how to adjust them.

FOX
I can't figure out how to stop cracking too much grain in white wheat. Even with new concave and rasp bars did'nt seem to help. I use the 1_2 moon chaffer. Go pretty slow w_ cyl just enough speed to thrash heads. Cutting 160+ bu wheat not going super fast but keeping full. I'm not running too much through return. Any ideasIJ I'm starting to think that's a characteristic of Gleaners.. My sample doesn't show excessive cracking but still worried. Thanks. If you give me a good idea I'll tell you how to raise 160 bu wheat (irrigated). THANKS!! FOX

ewbeye
I have a short back 1977 k2 that I purchased last year. I use it for corn and soybean research plots. The machine runs great, except it has a hopping vibration that I have isolated to be the shoe (chaffer_sieve assembly). I just replaced the rubber bushings - only 1 was 1_2 worn thru rest were not too bad. I also changed the eccentric bearings. It still shakes. I have run the long back K2s (1978-1980's) and have not notice this problem. Is this the reason Agco built the long backs or is there other reasons for my problemIJ The vibration really plays hob with my weighing system. Thanks, Eric.

green_c
I run an R-62 that I have done some mod.,feeder shocks,extra helicals,extended rotor bars,took out every second concave wire and took out reverse bars. Tried running rotor around 500 with concave open to about 6 - 8 ,but rotor loss in a light barley crop was 1 - 2 bus_acre. Got into some better barley (70bpa) and rotor loss went up (3-4, not 3_4) until I sped up the rotor to 900 and tightened concave up to 3 - 4. This then consumes more power,more fuel etc. Where did I screw up IJIJIJIJIJ

John
All of our beans this year are going for seed. In the past we have had many problems with cracking way too many beans. Currently it is set up with a channel concave in n1, and half-rounds at n2, 4, and 6. 20in. pulley on cyl. drive. I've heard about running filler bars. How many do you runIJ What are the advantages of using filler barsIJ What are the disadvantages of using filler bars all the timeIJ We have Sunnybrook wide-spaced cyl. bars new before wheat harvest this past summer. What cyl. clearance do you runIJ What speedIJ Thank you for all of your help, John.

Daren955
Having trouble cracking beans. Stalks have a little green yet. Concave open 3_4" Is this too far. It really seems to be groaning alot. How should it be set up. Beans tested 14.3 moisture.

daren955
l2 cutting soybeans. 3_4" 620 cyl spd. I have the perforated door in the clean grain. Do I need to take out the sheets under the sieves. Cracking more than I like. Will the cut out cylinder bars help this. Do they also work on Milo and wheat. I don't seem to be running much grain in the return just hulls. I have an air foil chaffer with the fan set on 6.5. Any suggestions.

cooper
07-09-1997, 12:18 AM
Need help on settings for fescue seed on Gleaner K.

Bob
08-29-1997, 12:34 AM
Has anyone had experience with an R50 in Alfalfa seedIJ I am harvesting 14 foot swathed seed. I have a punch hole screen in place of the bottom sieve, with the front edge in the lower hole. I run 650-750 RPM cyl.; wind at 5-6; .25 in. clearance; high wire concave; 6 reverse bars; bean helical bar kit. I keep loosing seed over the shoe on the left hand side. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bob_Hill
12-07-1997, 11:36 PM
I have a model k with 13ft grain head, when cutting soybeans

erick
07-07-1998, 10:07 PM
I`m looking for help with adjusting the new lower concave on a 97 R-62 in grain and pinto beans , I`m interested to hear from somebody how has done some good experimenting.

elephant
07-14-1998, 02:16 AM
We are using a N6 in bluegras and would appreciate any help on rotar speed, rotar clearance, number of and location of grate filler strips, and number of and_or location of cage covers to remove.ThanksDR

Bill
09-12-1998, 12:51 AM
When picking corn with my Gleaner K, 2 row l.P. header,

Bill
09-12-1998, 01:05 AM
My Gleaner K with l.P. 2-row head gets plugged below the

Pistil_Pete
10-07-1998, 06:02 PM
Our straw chopper plugs when we cut milo with green leaves (grain is dry). Sometime it will also plug if a big pig weed, sunflower, etc. goes through.Pistil

Rolf_Hedt
12-06-1998, 08:12 AM
Ok

prariedog
12-08-1998, 11:34 AM
We have a late model F3. We are new to Gleaner so we've had a couple of problems. In soybeans the cylinder slugs A lOT. Need new barsIJ Which kindIJ Problem n2 in corn the walkers and chaffers plug constantly; I think the walkers are the worst. We have run Deere 4400's before this. These problems are new. What's the answerIJ I know F's have cut a kazillion acres so I guess I need the right combination. THANKS!

prariedog
12-14-1998, 10:16 PM
thanks for the sugg. so far. i've printed them off for reference. in regard to walker plugging, it isn't cobs, they pack full with silks and leaves and small stalk pieces there is a wire running between the walker ''squares'' is this rightIJ also where does one find AGCO bars for $650 what i priced was lOTS!!!! more thanks again I'll keep checking back for more tips from the GlEANER PROS.

prariedog
12-14-1998, 10:28 PM
thanks 4 the suggs so far i printed all off for future refrencethe walkers are not plugged w_cobs they are packed w_silks and leaves there are wires dividing squares is that rightIJIJIJIJIJIJ where do you find $650 agco barsIJIJIJIJIJIJ what i priced were lOTTTS!!!!!!!! higher i will keep checking backw_the Gleaner Pros thanks

cliff
01-08-1999, 11:55 AM
recentley purchased an 84 N6 and I am having difficulty with the wind settings mainly in canola and mustard. The recomended settings are much too high and even in wheat if I use the recomended settings it will blow everything out the back. There is mention of a small grains kit. What does it consist of and is it the answerIJ The capacity is much reduced in canola and mustard as it feels like there is a wrap problem on the rotor. Is this normalIJ

wolf
02-16-1999, 11:55 AM
how do you set this combine to thresh the flax out of the ballsIJ Ihad rasp bars in the concave and switched them to channel bars. This helped a little but still left quite a bit unthreshed The concave is straight and tight. Also Iwould like any added info on setting it for other crops such as barley,canola,oats and if anyone has any tips or tricks to help me with this machine I would appreciate them as I really like the machine for ease in repairs and cost.

Trent
06-05-1999, 08:42 AM
I have never ran a K in wheat and i'm setting it up the first time. Does anyone have any experience with the settings in Ray Stueckle's books (zero concave clearance with cylinder not over .030 out of round) vs. gleaner operators manual 1_8 to 1_2 inch.

llfarms
06-14-1999, 08:23 PM
would like to know settings for picking rye

RogerH
07-07-1999, 10:39 PM
We run (amidst a neghborhood of green) and l2 and a l3 Gleaner. And they run well!

Shade_Tree_Mechanical
07-24-1999, 01:33 PM
I've seen bits and pieces on Sunflowers but would love a header to sieve picture on what works. Have a Gleaner KKS. What header options are there for this combine in sunflowers (parent seed stock for hybrids)-- this means multiple head sizes from one field to the next as well as SMAll fields ;-) I know about pan headers but am concerned these will let small heads pass. Also know about JD row crop header. can this work on a Gleaner KIJ Too much troubleIJ Should I stick with a grain headerIJ If so, can I build (buy) an enlarged bat real to keep stalks from falling forwardIJ Would milo style guard extensions be any helpIJ This is harvesting in California where weather is not much concern. Threshing worked well last year on small test plots following selective hand harvest of heads for decorative use and losses were mostly in heads not getting into the header or wrapping on reel rather than seed loss from the heads. Row spacings this year are all 30". Thanks,

Deano
07-25-1999, 11:24 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for setting a MH2 to cut fall wheatIJ I just bought this combine and it didn't have a manual with it so I'm kinda in the dark.ThanksDean

Bill
08-22-1999, 09:01 AM
Have trouble with plugging the return elevator with clean grain,when going uphill. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

Art
08-31-1999, 01:28 AM
Wondered if you guys had some suggestions for setting up combine in spring wheat. Have harvested some soft white last week and am starting dns soon as rain quits. Everything is tough to thresh this year(3 or 4 rolls in hand to get most out). Winter wheat was cashup sw variety and its notoriously hard to get threshed. 1983 N-7, good bars and grate. using 5 cover strips(4 in winter wheat)(couldn't get white caps out otherwise). Cyl speed 1090. concave opening at 1_2 to 3_8". I tried the neighbors recommendation of 3_4" at 750 and then speed it up, but couldn't get it clean. How do you guys go about setting up for hard threshing wheat

sidekick
09-20-1999, 09:40 PM
Have noticed on a previous post about settings on a K combine. I have a Model E that I believe is similiar.

Silver_seeder
09-24-1999, 07:48 PM
I`ve started having trouble with the grain coming back out the front feeder housing on an N5. I remember having this problem some time ago but can`t recall what was done to rectify the problem. Can anyone jog my memory so I can get harvestingIJ

Art
10-13-1999, 12:42 AM
Dan, the adjustments worked o.k in spring wheat. I was looking at your "upgrade" to the N-7 and wondered how much of the options had to be done, or if a certain set was important. One concern was with the reverse bars. In our hills(45%) we use them to keep grain from moving too fast out the left end when it is downhill(so I'm told by the dealer). Will I have problems if I do the upgradeIJ We cut SW winter wheat,sw spring wheat and barley. I am currently cutting safflower. (The only easy threshing crop we had this year). We dry out quick at harvest and usually stay dry(9-12%). What are the downsides to the upgradesIJthanksArt

Jeff
10-17-1999, 10:38 PM
Have a '92 R62 with short shoe. Have trouble overloading chaffer with small cob pieces. Am using long square end chaffer, pulled every other wire from concave and sep.grate, have all forward bars. If I open chaffer too far I end up with too many cobs-too flat and I run corn out the back. Air is on 6 to 7, tried concave space from 9 to 12, rotor speed from 260 to 400. Am running 1800 to 2200 bu._hour on the monitor with 8-38 corn head. Seems like shoe is very sensitive and I get too many cob pieces from rotor. Have tried what I can think of to get less cobs on shoe--anyone have any adviceIJ Also, is this in the ballpark for capacity for an R62IJ Thanks alot.

Karlin
10-30-1999, 09:24 PM
Just wondering if the N6 will combine alfalfa seed and how you set them for it. Thinking of buying one for next year.

ttippin
10-12-2001, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry to have to post this, but I just bought a K and I am having to do a lot of work to it. I cannot find the serial n. Where did they put itIJ

tbg
11-18-2001, 04:40 PM
i have 98 r62 combine 8row corn head, and hills. it just dont have enough power. can i get this engin turned up 20 or 30 hp. thank you. tbg

Al
12-13-2001, 07:25 AM
Hello Today we started harvesting barley with our N6 and had some trouble getting it into feeder house without bits getting flicked out by the reel. It seems there was a lot getting behind the front (Header) auger so we lowered it and it improved it a lot but its still happening. The crop is a bit short which doesn't help. This is the first time we used it on barley and other than the feeding problems its working great. any suggestionsIJ Thanks

kandj
06-08-2002, 06:53 PM
We just got a 81 N6 with NO operators manual Need help on settings for wheat ASAP ,its ready and we`re not.

txfarmer
06-10-2002, 02:27 AM
My 81 N6 has a 24 ft wheat header, I am leaving heads on the ground. I have adjusted everything I could think of to minimise the loss. It seems the problem could be resulting from several things. The header drum not steadily flowing wheat fast enough into the feeder. I have tried lowering it a bit. I have lowered the header beaters, and reduced the clearance. I havent been able to determine a suitable gear ratios, ground speed, enginge rpms, and beater speed suitable to stop the loss. Could anyone tell me what the norm is on these things, and what works best for you. My fan is set at or above 7, Cylinder rpms are around 800. I am having trouble loacating the settings for the concave, sieve, and chaffer, are located. Could someone draw me a picture on all the neccesary settings for wheat, I am lost. And I also cant figure out how the pacer works. I dont have a manual and I am running blind. If you could write me one in your reply I would be deeply greatful to you. Thanks

farmboy
06-11-2002, 02:56 PM
can someone helpIJ I thought I had saw an add for plastic chaffers to fit an n6, now cant find ad. Does anyone have any knowlege of these and do they hold up in soybeans and corn

peana
07-25-2002, 12:47 PM
Have 82 N6 to harvest tall fescue-need settings for top chaffer,bottom seive,air with small seed kit installed-can tall fescue be harvested with factory chaffer and seiverIJ-also am thinking of buying airfoil chaffer rigid or adjustableIJ

KB
08-03-2002, 03:03 AM
Problems with knife breaking on 300 series fronts reaping wheat,also knife box failures.Can anybody help'

kurtk
08-11-2002, 09:19 PM
How fast do you run your cylinder and concave opening. What would the sieve and chaffer be. The combine is an 1981.

NatureCreekFarm
09-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Anyone have experience with the K in buckwheatIJ I know the book says you need the screens, but I seem to have some luck with the sieve closed and the chaffer at 1_2". I'm getting a lot of shatter, even with the cylinder opened up to 3_8. Any suggestionsIJ P.S. Anyone with a scourkleen availableIJ

joyce
10-13-2002, 08:56 PM
we need to know how where the rock door light is on our combine. i'm looking this up for my father in law thanks for your help

craig
10-19-2002, 09:55 PM
I have been driving my uncles M2. I does not feed well at all. We have been cutting milo and having to drive very slow. It tries to slug all the time. can somebody help me with the settings. Thank you

Sl
06-02-2003, 02:17 AM
WHATS THE EASIEST WAY TO PUT ON AND TIME THE PUMP ON AN F- GlEANER DIESEl,AND WHAT ARE THE TIIMING SETTINGS HAVE NO BOOK,MY MECHANIC BAIlED ON ME!THANKS Sl.

Madfarmer
06-01-2004, 08:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a good setting for the machine in flax. I put a 4" piece of aluminum on the rear of the seive and no small seed kit. Please be specificIJIJ thank you. Do not need till end of July-august so feel free to respond..

child
07-24-2004, 02:15 PM
I am looking for a small (sp)combine forgrass seed all the old farmers say a gleaner K. is what I need. I started looking and found corn and bean,machine. What kind of kit or changing do I have to do for small grass seedIJ I need help! THANKS

John_F
07-24-2004, 07:40 PM
Help, I was running my F3 in wheat today and the electric to the cab just stopped. The voltage meter went from in the green and 12 on the meter to nothing and then everything quit. No power to any of the switches. It has been doing this all season it would do it for a second then come back on and away we could go. The batteries seem strong enough because I can start the combine and shut it off and but no power to the switches. I couldn't post on the general place so I did it here I hope someone can help Thanks John

Scott
08-29-2004, 07:20 AM
New purchase to us harvesting barley a dream, wheat however in western australia was tough. straw breaking up in the rotor and blocking cage sweep. any ideas please help

Scott
08-29-2004, 07:25 AM
R60 looking @ kirby_dutch chaff spreaders, some say that you can drive them from the pickup return hydrolics. Any experience or ideas please help.

Missed_Placed_in_AZ
09-25-2004, 07:39 PM
We had issues today in some green beans not feeding into the rotor, it would slip the feeder house chain clutch and we would have to back it up and then run it forward again. Any ideas on why this would be happeningIJ Also do any of you run the straw chopper in beansIJ Thanks for the help Matt aka...Miss Placed in AZ

Planter
09-26-2004, 07:52 PM
I can't post on the general board, so I'm posting here. We have broken the hydraulic pump bracket twice in the past week. We were wondering if something is wrong with the pump causing a vibration that breaks the bracket and the rubber piece which connects the pump with the engine. The bracket is made of cast and costs $460.00. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks.

Wilben
10-18-2004, 05:56 PM
Is there a way to prevent bean straw from raping on the thresher rattle chain when the straw is a little toughIJ This problem occurs in dry edible beans but I would assume the same problem could occur with soybeans (maybe not). To prevent bean damage the cylinder is running at about 300 rpms, engine at 2,000 when straw is very dry with no problems. Engine at full throttle when straw is tough but still have problem with straw wrapping. The flipper above the separator rattle is pulled to rear in the corn position to not restrict straw flow.

Galvanized_Ghost
10-27-2004, 08:38 AM
Have an M2 with a 16' lMG head. The conveyer auger fingers have started tapping the feeder beater fingers (kocked out 5 auger fingers and only one got a chopper knife) The fingers appear to be in line with each other. How are they supposed to be. In line with clearance or offset to pass by each other. Or could the finger timing have changed somehow if so what is correct timing. Help appreciated.

Gordo
09-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I am looking for some tips on setting the concave clearance and speed for wheat and peas. Also siev settings fore these grains. Hope you can help!

ACMC
01-26-2006, 07:21 AM
I am running a neighbors F2 in corn ( yes it is late I know He is 85 years old and broke his leg this fall and no other neighbors would step in and help ) I am running the cylinder at 600 with the concave wide open and 2 bars,and the fan set at 7 the cobs are clean but I am cracking a lot of corn and blowing a little corn over the seives, But I am still getting trash in the bin if I slow the fan down much it seems the trash problem gets worse

chris
09-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Is it possible to put a smaller sprocket on the clean grain auger_elevator drive on a '92 R52 to speed up removal of grain. We seem to be limited on capacity by this area. When we get into higher yielding corn the shoe will overflow into the fan area. No loss over the rotor or shoe unless it overloads. The clean grain auger is in good condition. Has anyone had any success switching sprocketsIJ If so, what is the part n. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

ACMC
01-30-2007, 06:27 AM
I am currently reworking an F2 for corn only. would I get the best results from using the regular concave bars or should I go with the maize bar. I would also appreciate any other comments to help make this machine as effecient as possible in corn. Thanks, mark

erick
10-19-2007, 10:02 AM
just got a r-75 , what is the best cly speed and settings for sep and trashing grate , I have them set at 8 and .5 and running 3oo rpm , standard rotor