Combines SERIES 800 FlEXHEAD NOT WORKING

Dan

J F, If just the right side is bothering I would think that you have less ground pressure there and crop is getting cut higher thus less folage for reel to get ahold of. Or maybe the reel is higher on that side so it can't get ahold of crop. An air reel would be a more spendy option but maybe a rockbar or tube fastened behind cutter bar like they talk about on general page would do. With the bunches going in you probabily burnt up slip clutch or spun tapered clutch hub on shaft. Also be sure to move adjustable filler between header and feeder to fill in the hole between the two and bump it down if needed to make a smooth floor between auger and feed chain. I would remove some of them torques headed bolts that hold that filler in for I don't believe they need near so many and they restrict flow. Hang in there because I'm sure that header is as good or better as any header out there. You may have allready got header to work by now but I though I would put my two cents in,Dan.

Geoff

I guess you would have checked it out but a header which is not level with the combine can cause poor feed in some crops.