Combines Feed Impeller shelling dry corn on White Masser Rotary

gnu

Since speeding up the rotor doesn't help much ,the first thing I would look at is the 3 rotor elements (the castings on the front which look like a section of massive cylinder bar) ...the teeth on them need to be square on the rear side in order to pull material on thru...if it hasn't been done already, you can turn these over and remount them since they're reversible...I'd suggest that you not take out the feeder house divider..although it looks like you could... it helps to smooth feed by holding material down and preventing it from piling up. (This is one of the many things I had to learn the hard way) Without the divider, material can pile high enough for the chain to dump it back down the top from about halfway up, and it will sometimes wrap up like a round hay bale....Hope this helps some

gnu

continued...also, you're at about the time on your machine that you should consider inspecting the auger flight on the front of the rotor...it could be worn down some and is probably rounded off also...it needs to be square on the rear edge...

gnu

I'm not sure my last posted, so.....Continued....Also check the auger flight on the front of the rotor.....At the hours on your machine I suspect it's worn down and the rear side will be rounded off...flight needs to be pretty close to full dia. and square.....

knucklebuster

This is probably the problem! I had the feederhouse off for some feed impeller servicing and noticed that there are two pieces of rubber belting in the upper portion of the feeder house opening on the combine. One seals the feeder house to the separator body. The other (see culprit) appears to be a deflector designed to direct material coming around the impeller away from the feeder chain. My belting was worn away and mostly missing on the right hand side. Haven't run it yet but it sure seems as if this will be the fix. Thanks for all your other tips as I did check them out as well.