Combines 760 gearbox level

AJTIII

Andrew,Which gear box are you talking aboutIJ The cylinder drive gearbox has a plug at the bottom of the casing. There is a hollow tube that runs up to the proper level of oil in the box. let a little oil run out of the tube so you are making sure that you just aren't draining the oil thats in the tube. Since you just purchased the machine, if it were me, I'd drain the entire gearbox and fill it with 90 or 120 weight oil.AJTIII

l

It is the main transmission gearbox that I am having trouble with. Have already changed oil in the final drives and the cylinder drive gearboxes - just cant find a level plug in the 4 speed gearbox.thanksAndrew lane

AJTIII

Andrew,I have what they call a close mesh transmission. I couldn't find a fluid level plug on mine either.I ended up filling the transmission 2_3 full and that is where I've kept it for the past 4 years without problems. I'll be talking to a Massey mechanic this weekend and I'll ask him. My manuals didn't show anything for me either. I'll get back to you soon.AJTIII

AJTIII

Bov;I just got back to the talk show tonight. Thanks for the tip on where to find the level plug for my transmission. AJTIII