Combines 750 wheat settings

tj

Have you determined whether you're seeing shoe loss, or walker lossIJ Sometimes, walker loss can appear to be shoe loss due to grain dropping off the sides of the walkers.

stephen

I've held my hand behind the rear seive and have caught grain in my hand so that I know I'm getting some loss over the seive. As far as the straw walkers I've never thought to look there so I don't if there is any come over there. If there is some coming over the walker , what thenIJ

tj

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I had to go out of town, and just returned last night. If you're seeing walker loss, check your concave--make sure the crossbars are reasonably square on their leading sides. If necessary, adjust your zero setting to where you're at about 1_8" on the rear, and about 1_4" on the front. Unless your concave is worn, your model machine should virtually never show any walker loss with this setting, which allows you to maintain a constant wedging action no matter how far you drop the front of the concave open.Try to set your deflector to where most of the air is on about the front 1_2 of the chaffer (top sieve) and set that sieve about 1_2" open. Set the center sieve at about 3_8" or a little under, and the bottom at 1_4" to 3_16". The opening on the top sieve will allow you to run more air without blowover, since the air isn't picking up speed due to venturi effect of pinching down. Also, this will give you a little more air under the 2 bottom sieves. You may need to tweak these settings some, but this is where I'd start. Hope this helps some.

Bob

Check for big kernels on the outsides of the shoe. If so your cylinder speed is too fast.