Combines 860 returning

Mr_Bill

bought my 10 yr old 865 off a man who bought a new JD 9500, he's sorry he did! The Massey eats it for breakfast

Goober

I would love to see it. I run a 850 and really love the simplicity of this machine. It is easy to set and does a unbeatable job in small grains. I can keep up with anybody in soys also. My brother and I split up our operation this spring abd to spite me he hired someone else to combine his wheat. I got the last laugh though he wanted me to come over on the second day the guy was there because the guy's to deeres were putting too much wheat out the back. I would even consider building them myself if I could get the rights from Agco. I heard that when they closed the Brantford plant the conventional tooling was loaded on trailers and parked in a huge mine somewhere in the USA.I would be interested in buying a later model 860 and rebuilding it front to back.ie new concave, rasp bars walkers all bearings elevator chains hydraulic hoses, etc. I could do this for less than half of what they want for a used JD.

J

I have an 860 and would buy another if they were still made, I think it is one of the most economical combines made. would be very interested if they still made them.

AJTIII

I would love to see 860s made again. I have a 760 and the gooddies they put on the 860s justs make running one that much better. All the rest of my machinery is John Deere but when I looked up under the shields on the JD machine compared to the Masseys it was like comparing fourth grade arithmetic to Rocket science. Some day I hope to find a 1987 860 and rebuild her from the ground up and run her for about 15 years. AJTIII

straw_man

Spoke to a custom harvester who recently "upgraded" from 860's to JD 9500's. "The kids like to run 'em but the JD could learn a lot from the 860"

Mac

It is good to see that there is still peaple out there that like the Massy combines.

AJTIII

In response to Mack,I run a 760 red cab and a 510 with the old style throat. Both machines have been well maintained and with the savings on repair and initial costs I have been able to save for more farm ground purchases. I still would like to step up to a good 860 or 865. In the mean time I'll keep up my old machines and put the rest in the bank.

moose

I'm a nineteen year old Freshman in College, and I can honestly say I've driven every new model of machine on the market and I think