Combines New to Masseys Please tell me about a 750

Mac

I run a 1976 750 here in New Zealand,We used to do 400 arces a year and it did it easy.

Goober

A 750 is a good machine but why stop there. Go up to the 850 it is the same machine except that the straw walkers are 13" longer. I've owned two 850's a 750 and a 751 pull type. I would suggest a 1983 or newer model then you would have the hydraulic reel drive option. Mine has the 354 turbo charged, charge cooled 168hp engine and hydrostatic transmission. this gives you lots of power for almost all conditions.I run a 15' rigid head in wheat , a 20' John Deere flex head in beans and a six row corn head. In small grains it is the best machine on the market. If you are stuck on the 750 , spend the extra money on a grey cab model. Then you get all the bells and whistles the 850 has. The longer walkers in the 850 though will give you more capacity in wheat and barley. You will have no problem doing 400 acres a year, I can do 50 acres in ten hours in 85 bushel wheat if I unload on the go and put less grain out than any other make.

JOHNAH

I'm an ag dealer in southwestern Ohio...750's have been good machines but parts are very expensive. if you buy, make those inspections the mf owners advise.. including the grain pan. many in our area depend on Schmidt Machine in Upper Sandusky, Ohio for parts as stocking(parts) mf dealers are few and far between. grey cab a must to get product improvements, in our area--hydro 750's 2500-7500-+ any hds bought.