Combines 760 or 860

AJTIII

Straw Man, I have a 1977 760. I've been looking at 860s for the last couple of years. I'm not seeing a lot of difference in the grey cab 760's and the older 860's. The last 860's have some refinements that are to me more operator comfort than anything. The big problem I can see is that all the 860s and 760s are getting older and there aren't any more being made. Mine is a hydro and I really like it. I don't have a monitor system except for the buzzer light for the returns elevator and the chopper. What I really like about your machine and the 860s is the unloading auger and bin size. It seems it takes a long time for me to unload and I've had all my augers reworked for maxium performance. With an 8 row corn head and decent corn yields its like I spend more time unloading than picking. If I recall, you said you have a 6 cylinder and a 4 speed transmission. If you can, run a V8 hydro, I think you'll really like it and if nothing else look for another late model 760 and save a few thousand dollars. AJTIII