Combines Rear Beater Speed

MASSEY_MAN

Are you reading the rear beater speed from the tach in the cab or a hand held shaft tachIJThe ones in the cab have been known to out by quite a bit sometimes.

sam

Mostly by the one in the cab I did check it one time with a tach and it seemed to be the same as in the cab but I don't know how reliable the tach was that I was using. Could it be the difference between an old drive belt and a new one. The combine cleans grain well. What problems may the slower speed causeIJ

Old_750

Since When does the cab Tach Read Rear Beater speedIJ My Tach says Cylinder Speed and yes, it is about 10% out. There is an adjustment screw to calibrate it against a hand Tach but I just can't get around to doing it. As far as I know, the rear beater would be off speed only if the motor is off speed or, the main drive belts off the motor are so old they slip and that is not too likely on a no load situation.

sam

As far as I know all 79 and 80 model 750's have the digital readout for rear beater speeed,cylinder speed,engine speed, and travel speed.