Combines 860 header lifting

hickory

hey whizz.....ive got a 850 that was doing the same thing in wheat harvest last year....a dealer told me to take apart that black box that is just in front and to the left of the front access to the motor....(it is a box with several valves in it....it is the one that controls how fast or slow the header comes down such as when you change to a heavier head it will come down to fast...discusses that in owner manual)take all the valves and valve bodies out and clean them and blow them out with air....i did not see anything obstructing but when i put it back altogether it worked fine....there are very small openings in those orafixes...hope this helps.....

parky

I have the 1985 860 with a slow lift but is due to having the 3 cylinder hydraulic lift that is an extra for bigger headers. The hydraulic pump and accumulator unfortunately has only a fixed volume available and that determines lift speed. I was toying with putting an additional accumulator in the circuit but $$$ involved. Find an accumulator at wreckers that bladder is still good and plumb it in. It will definitely help. Accumulators only give you a "one shot" lift until the pump has recharged them though.