Combines Wanting info on the massy 750

Deerebines

Redman........I'll have to check about the hydrostat imformation with dad before replying but since your from Kansas check with abilene machine on the rear wheel assist. They have a web-site. www.abilenemachine.com They even have an email addy and I've used it twice that I can remember and they reply back fairly quickly. I don't know what that rear end's going to cost you but I don't think it's going to be cost-productive no more rain then we usually have to put up with here in kansas. Perhaps a set of duals would be more cost-effective and less maintenance required not to mention the duals will help you "float" more across the field. As far as the 7700 vs 750 goes. No doubt in my mind in it's day the 7700 was a good machine but to find one now that doesn't have high hours and usually run in corn or beans so that the tins not so low is going to be rough. The 750 was so much more modern with it's retractable unloading auger and header height adjustment switch in the variable speed lever. Only downfall is that from my experience the deere seems to be more mechanic friendly when it comes to fixing breakdowns in the field vs massey along with price of parts and the engine of the deere won't shake you to death like that gosh forsaken perkins. If massey would of just had some quality control and fine tuned some of thier patents they would still be making these same machines today instead of painting gleaners and white's red. (conventional and rotory). Respectively

Redman

So you had the vairable speeds replaced on your 750IJ if so how did it work out converting it and is it possible to do it yourself if you have mechanic experience