Combines Canola Fan Pulley

Massey_Man

I've never heard of installing a smaller pulley on an 860,what speed are you trying to turn the fan atIJ

Seedman

We tried to use one of those slow-speed pullies, but found that it was a lOT of hassle to keep changing just for our Canola. A friend told us to forget about that, and to install a Harvest air-foil chaffer. We did, and did it change our 860 into a combine! Now the only change we make on the back end is fan speed and sieve setting. It gives us a very clean sample in wheat oats, peas, canola, barley and triticale. Good luck!

parky

The operating manual suggests the small pulley to allow more turndown on fan. Canola and other small seed crops are finickity as the seed weight varies so much over an operating day due to dry level. I may just close down the fan inlets to limit inlets, like they did on the good old 27's.

greyhawk

Hey Guys Did I miss something. The fan pulley is the driven pulley IJIJIJ. replace that with a smaller one means it goes faster not slower IJIJ

greyhawk

Hey Guys Did I miss something. The fan pulley is the driven pulley IJIJIJ. replace that with a smaller one means it goes faster not slower IJIJ

greyhawk

Hey Guys Did I miss something IJIJ The fan pulley is a driven pulley , IJIJ replace that with a smaller one and it goes faster not slower IJIJ

whizz

There was a fan pulley kit which had a larger driven pulley and longer belt to accomodate this it fits all 750 to 860 combines and lowers fan speed to about 400 revs takes an hour to fit! Very useful in canola evening primrose and other very small seeds- I use it. Also check the fanning mill boards which direct the wind over the sieves as this makes a lot of difference Raise for small seeds