Combines 550 MF

ken

Had a 550 thought it was a nice machine bought a 750 there is no comparision, 750 bigger, heavier built and easier to work on, everything is not packed in as tight on the 750, just taking the valve cover off a 550 is a big hassle, you don't have the seperator clutch in the 750, have to watch the radiator screen on a 550 on windy days it will trash over, biggest problem is the length of time this machine sat, you could have all kind of seal problems,from engine oil, hyd pumps to water pump seal, might try and rent it for the season to see how it works and then buy it

Redman

I would have to agree with the previous poster on this one. My dad recently purchased a 1983 750 for $5000 after we traded in our Gleaner G and got $1000 out of it. So it is something to consider spending the extra money and going bigger. Also the 750 is a way way way better build machine. Tranny's are better, and the machine as a whole doesnt break down as much. and from what i've seen of 550's around here at least machines that have hydrostat and rear assist sell for around 3500, now true this doesnt have as many hours but also that means the bugs arent out of it yet and Agco had discontinued some of the parts for the 550. So I think if your looking to upgrade go for a newer 750

Gator

Went back to the owner,talked about the seals and such, he stated he would fix any thing of that matter if it arose. Then called me back and told me to give him $1500.00 and it was mine. ..... SOlD I stated in response. Ran the Machine this week in some corn of neighbors this week for 2 days, can`t find any thing yet, got my fingers crossed. Bad deal IJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJIJ

Ken

for $1500 I don't think I even complain about having to fix the seals, hope it runs great for ya