Combines 8560 rotor blades

Russ

Rotor knives are not recommended for corn. They may not be needed for beans if they are not too weedy. Did you receive an owners manual with the machineIJ

davey

I have an 8570. When I bought it it had no rotor blades. We plugged the rotor quite often. I put 9 rotor blades on the back end of the rotor and last fall very few plug ups it seems to move the straw through the machine better. I am going to put the full 21 blades in this fall. A neighbor put the full set in last year an his combine thrashed a lot smoother.

Harvester

Rotor comes with and should have 21 knives on it like the book says. There is provision to add 21 more for a total of 42, but unless you're in rice or perhaps a tough rye, stay with 21. The more knives you run, the more straw will be broken up, but the smoother the rotor will separate. 9 or 12 is a good number for dropping straw, but if you're just chopping or spreading it, put in all 21. The ability to add or remove the rotor knives is just one thing that makes this combine so versatile and easy to set.