Combines 9024 header

B

Your best bet is to go to the dealer, and ask to see the shop manual for this problem. He would likely make some copies and the shop foreman or so, may give you practical advise. We just went through this on a MF860; this after we broke a bunch of the pick-up teeth, but we have both the parts- and shop manual for the combine.....a MUST! B.

seedman

Unfortunately for me, the dealers here have servicemen that are about as bright as a flashlight with dead batteries. They have no idea how it is attached, and I have a service and parts manual, but neither shed any light......Oh well, any other ideasIJIJ

B

Sorry, missed your message till now.....the arm assembly that controls the position of the left shaft, and consequently the proper position of the finger shaft, appears to be slipped or welded onto the shaft. My parts book is quite vaque on that. I would suggest to open up the inspection hole covers, and try to identify how the other end of the left shaft is fastened to the finger crank. If I remember correctly it was bolted on at that point. If so, undo the bolt at that point, and pull the arm assembly with the shaft out on the left hand of your auger.[and use lots of WD40]. We had to remove the short shaft that holds the fingerholders, and replace most of the fingers with new ones...it's not an easy job, but a farmer can do it...you just have to persist and use your head. Good luck, B.

B

Was going to E- mail you, that, if you wish, I can check this out with our local dealer, so please let me know! B.