Combines 750 drive belt

rf

I had a 550 belt drive and made the mistakof only replacing one of the drive belts. I lasted one season. You need to replace both of them for best results. The transmisssion should have a spring washer that tells you when the belt tension is correct. I do not reccomend over tighteneing the belts then you will reuin your transmission. hope this helps

B

Take a GOOD look at your [big] main pulley that is driven by the engine shaft, and feel the inside of the pulley grooves. I bet you have ridges in the groove that cause the belt to break, cause a new belt has only partial contact with the sides of the worn pulley. All you can do is find another pulley that is in better shape, or get a new one. [lots of money] Good luck, B.

750mike

can the pulley be built up at a machine shop, or would this also be expensiveIJ

rf

Might check with a salvage like Abilene machine or i know a dealer in KS as well that might have a salvage pulley.

B

Yes, they can be worked over at a good machine shop, but make sure they use a hard surface rod for building up the surface; as for the cost I have no idea, but again "pick as many brains as possible" before you decide. By the way, a new pulley might cost you $1500 US, so any other option is by far the best. Try to locate used part farm equipment places, where they stock old Masseys, get prices and check for a quarantee on the parts. Good luck!! B.

B

The guy that gave me that price for a new one, told me this morning that he goofed, cause that was the price for two!! So, I quess they are about 750 US. B.