Combines MF 7200

Massey_Man

Not likely,it is built for the European market and if it was brought into this part of the world it would probably outperform the 8680 and make AGCO look bad.There seems to be people in AGCOs head office that take offence to the fact that without Massey they would be out of buisness so they don,t want to promote Massey in North America any more than they have to.To bad though,they are missing out on a glorious opportunity.

brand

Not sure where you always get the idea that "without Massey AGCO would not be in business." AGCO traces its roots all the way back through Allis Chalmers and did good business then and does now -- with or without Massey. I realize the world is bigger than the U.S., but I have NEVER seen a post-1990 Massey tractor in the field in Illinois and very few combines. AGCO doesn't promote Massey much here because they know that the Gleaner combine is the machine that all others must beat. Go back just a couple of years. Massey's only combine designs were designs of other companies. The conventional was a Claas and the rotary was a White. Today's conventional is an improved Gleaner l3. Massey is far from being the division that makes or breaks AGCO. And don't give me all the sales figures from around the world, either, because AGCO leases most of their Allis and White tractors in the U.S. and the strong sales of Massey tractors worldwide are for lawn mower sized tractors. In all seriousness -- without AGCO there would be no Massey.

Massey_Man

If you knew anything about AGCO you would know where they get there money from,get an anual report from the company headquarters and read for yourself.Ask anybody in the iron buisness if Agco saved Massey and they will drop on the floor laughing.

Goober

If Allis is the heart and soul of Agco, how come all the "Allis" tractors are Masseys painted orange with Valmet engines in them, or Same painted orange. I don't believe there has really been a true Allis for about 10 or 12 years. Before Massey and Same they were painting White Deutz, and lambourgini orange. I've heard straight from an Agco engineer that they sell so few Allis tractors that they will likely be dropping the Allis name and orange paint.

MASSEY_MAN

Read the post carefully and you will see that you are agreeing with me,Allis and White are nothing to Agco and without Massey they would be nothing but a nickel and dime company.