Combines Information on Massey Harris Model 82

WHEAT_WHACKER

I ran a Massey 82 growing up. I then graduated up to an F Gleaner and then l Gleaner. I just bought a '83 JD 7720, so we will see what happens. I remember alot about that old 82. The 60 ,80sp and 82 all had the same flat head Chrysler engine in them. I don't know why Massey didn't put a larger motor in that 82. It would always run cool in wheat in May in June , but come Milo harvest in August here in Texas it would run hot(so would the operator). It had a 45 bushel grain bin and a 14 ft head. We would thresh about 100 acres of wheat and 50 acres of Milo with that old beater every year. I think I was 12 when I started running it ,i am 26 now. My dad finally retired it to pasture in 1993. I am sure he would part with it if you were interested.

Matt_Powell

I just purchased a 1962 Massey Ferguson 82 combine. I have a picture of the one I bought. As far as literature goes, I only have 1 owners manual and need a parts manual also. What are your interests in Massey 82'sIJ One thing I found interesting is that they were made under both the massey harris name and massey ferguson name. Feel free to email me and we can discuss more about them.

Redman

I really havnt ran our old 82 much, we only use it to pick milo up off the ground if it falls down now, using heston heads it works pretty good for a machine of its age, but the one thing I do like about that machine alot is its transmission, I dont know why but for a combine of its era its transmission is very smooth.